The Famous v The Spoon-Burners: The Renfrewshire Derby Thread

9 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

When you're down at the bottom and fighting a relegation battle, you need fighters in the team, and St Mirren just don't have that.

A performance with that little fight wouldn't have happened on Goodwin's watch. Not saying you wouldn't have beaten us, but the lack of grit is astonishing. Most people can handle losing, even a losing run, but seeing a disjointed, non-caring, team being out-fought from front to back is inexcusable.

I don't think the loan players have the stomach for the fight: after all, they won't be playing League Two next season (even if they do deserve it). Send them home and find players who give a shit.

f**k, Hugh Murray's only 37 still... again, you would still have won the game, but at least your players would have known they were in a game if we'd set up with Murray and Goodwin (or similar) at the base of midfield.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustration getting the better of him trying to get the ball back. Ball boy wasn't exactly holding things up either he was trying give him the ball. Fucking idiot. If only he'd shown the same aggression and urgency on the pitch maybe his team wouldn't have been pumped.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

A performance with that little fight wouldn't have happened on Goodwin's watch. Not saying you wouldn't have beaten us, but the lack of grit is astonishing. Most people can handle losing, even a losing run, but seeing a disjointed, non-caring, team being out-fought from front to back is inexcusable.

I don't think the loan players have the stomach for the fight: after all, they won't be playing League Two next season (even if they do deserve it). Send them home and find players who give a shit.

f**k, Hugh Murray's only 37 still... again, you would still have won the game, but at least your players would have known they were in a game if we'd set up with Murray and Goodwin (or similar) at the base of midfield.

I'd honestly kill for someone like a Murray or Goodwin in that side.

We now need to at least try and shitfest our way to some points before January and attempt to get some of those wasters off our books. Who is going to take any of that gang on though? We might get lucky and be able to loan two or three of them out but let's be honest, we're on a hiding to nothing in January as well.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd honestly kill for someone like a Murray or Goodwin in that side.

We now need to at least try and shitfest our way to some points before January and attempt to get some of those wasters off our books. Who is going to take any of that gang on though? We might get lucky and be able to loan two or three of them out but let's be honest, we're on a hiding to nothing in January as well.

The thing is, shite footballers can almost always find a gig - usually at St Mirren, in fairness. There will always be a manager who will believe they can ignite a spark of long-lost form in a has-been (or never-was).

We should concentrate on losing the luxury loanees for now, and see if we can grind our way out of automatic relegation.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He was fucking terrible at EEP as well.

He gift wrapped you the win there- a hugely damaging defeat. Hutton has been awful the whole season (except for 60mins v Dundee United). He has started every game (as far as I remember) and seems undroppable probably cause Rae forgot to buy a midfield.

We have to bin some of the loan players. Hardie etc might be good but we didn't need them and we have glaring holes we need filled in January. 

We've been a shambles all season. Dumbarton on Saturday is a must win. Just as well our record v them is oh yeah......

18 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The boy that called me a "crybaby". Absolute scenes.

What? :lol:The guy who chucked his account then came crawling back with a new moniker very shortly thereafter called someone else a crybaby? What was this about?

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What? :lol:The guy who chucked his account then came crawling back with a new moniker very shortly thereafter called someone else a crybaby? What was this about?

The fact I wasn't wildly posting during a Liverpool win seemed to rile him. Very odd man :lol: 

It's strange how in the last 18 years of losing this fixture we've not once played as badly as that, even when there have been leagues between us. That was genuinely one of the worst displays I've ever seen at cappielow, an absolute cakewalk

3-1 vaguely gives the impression of a contest, which irritates me. A proper 5-0 or 6-0 scudding would have had them relegated already, just mentally defeated them. Next time it must be more.

17 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

It's strange how in the last 10 years of losing this fixture we've not once played as badly as that, even when there have been leagues between us. That was genuinely one of the worst displays I've ever seen at cappielow, an absolute cakewalk

Yep, losing to a better team is one thing but rolling over and getting you bellies tickled isn't on, never mind the fact its against your rivals.

Maybe now fans of other teams can see why we loved Jim Goodwin so much, was always going to be impossible replacing him.

3 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I said at the time it looked on. It was a really well timed run

Luckily it didn't matter in the end!

Great service from Andy there. Was great to look back through the game. That Oliver strike, oaft!

Archived