The Famous v The Spoon-Burners: The Renfrewshire Derby Thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the St Mirren team last night, it really reminded me of us in 2013-2014. Decent names on paper, but no fight, no team spirit and that ultimately lead to one of our worst seasons in our history.

This was the league table after 11 games in 2013-14.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2013-2014/table/2013-10-26

We finished on 26 points, 14 points off 9th!

Ross has a massive job on his hands!

4 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

We could barely string two passes together for much of it. Then we scored and had confidence and played well for a bit. In that spell we were pretty good.

After half time we struggled and St Mirren could have gotten back in if they weren't a total insult to football. But they were.

Are you being serious?  because if you are you need to f**k off.

Div is so sure that St Mirren won't be relegated that he's made a charity bet with me.

If st mirren stay up I have to pay £50 to a charity of his choice, and if they go down the website name changes to " Morton and Bovril " for the day and he has to upload a photo on P&B twitter with him in a Morton top.

He's clearly still in the naive stage of thinking it's going to get better this season. Morton fans have been in that position before until they realised that we were watching the worst team in our history.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Are there highlights of this game available anywhere?

Periscope link has been posted, if you want the full 90 in relatively low quality.

There's also Tontastic's goalcam (apart from the soon-to-be seaside diddies' consolation).

Forgot about Kudus' chance at the end. How did he manage not to score?

ETA: For those interested in shite patter (and also an alternative view):

13 hours ago, port-ton said:

Div is so sure that St Mirren won't be relegated that he's made a charity bet with me.

If st mirren stay up I have to pay £50 to a charity of his choice, and if they go down the website name changes to " Morton and Bovril " for the day and he has to upload a photo on P&B twitter with him in a Morton top.

He's clearly still in the naive stage of thinking it's going to get better this season. Morton fans have been in that position before until they realised that we were watching the worst team in our history.

Actually have no issue with St Mirren but badly want them relegated now :lol:

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Can't link from the app, but if you search for @GMFCfantasy on periscope there's recordings of both halves.

First goal is around the 15 minute mark, 2nd around 28th. Second half - the third goal is somewhere around 23rd minute.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

I thought Morton might want to have filmed it so they could have released a DVD about their famous victory.

Saints film most games but it would be a shame if the recording of this game went missing ^_^

There's been rumours for years that Morton had Mark Yardley's Archie Gemmilesque goal on tape but that was never released and is probably now extinct.

22 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

There's been rumours for years that Morton had Mark Yardley's Archie Gemmilesque goal on tape but that was never released and is probably now extinct.

Bullshit, there never was such a goal from Mark Aswideasgemmillistall Yardley. Show us video proof or it didn't happen.

Archived