Asher's Bakery Belfast - Lose Court Appeal Over Gay Wedding Cake.

RedRob72

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I just read the abstract: Discrimination against LGBT people is wrong and is rightly unlawful. But in a democratic society, people should be able to discriminate against ideas they disagree with.

He's right.  I'd like to hear more about the judgement.  If it was about the messenger then I back the beaks.  If it was about the message then we're fucked.

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

What was the cake like? If it's your standard wedding cake with two grooms on the top then fair enough. But if it's a Victoria sponge with We Luv Cock written in icing then it's debatable.

it's all in the detail. 

gay-cake.gif

37 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Peter Tatchell was on Radio Ulster tonight disagreeing with the verdict.

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am absolutely delighted by this decision I hope the c***s are bankrupted by the court costs and are driven out of business.

A good day for progressive thinking and a bad one for homophobes, homophobe apologists and sky-fairy fuckwits.

Should a pro choice baker be forced to decorate a cake with "Abortion is Murder*?

110% this.

Deciding what cakes to make based on what some work of fiction says or god that doesn't exist is grounds for being committed.

Hope it costs them a fucking fortune.

It won't cost them directly

Their court case is being funded by a "Christian" pressure group eager to preserve people's rights to treat the gays however they wish by opening loopholes in the legislation.

I assume the cake buyers have similar backing from gay rights groups.

This isn't really about the cake

2 hours ago, Sooky said:

They really should have just baked the fucking cake though.

Quite. If god botherers want to throw away the thick end of 100 large because Jesus, then frankly they were just waiting to be turned over by someone or something.

Maybe this'll teach them to learn to love laying a length of thick piping next next to a puddle of sticky frosting over some lovingly well-packed fudge.

I actually don't care if this is discriminatory, God is bollocks, needs to be discouraged. 

11 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Is the Baker only making cakes for people with the same options?

Not sure what you mean. A pregnant girl has fewer options than a gay couple if that's what you mean, even in Northern Ireland. The gay couple weren't asking the baker to marry them, they were asking him to make propaganda opposite to their beliefs.

Not sure what you mean. A pregnant girl has fewer options than a gay couple if that's what you mean, even in Northern Ireland.

We can play that game all night, should they be allowed not to make cakes saying support black rights?

Archived