The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 hours ago, pawpar said:

Never ever I thought I would say these words even a month ago - Well done President Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39523654

This. 

Unlike his predecessor, Trump has sent a clear message to the regime that acts like the chemical weapons attack earlier this week will not be tolerated. 

It would not surprise me in the slightest if this has been done with the full collusion of the Russians - despite the rhetoric - in order to keep one of their puppets in their proper place instead of getting ideas above their station which lead to such "embarrassing" incidents such as the horrific use of sarin gas on civilians just to show that you can.

On this occasion, Trump has surprisingly done the right thing - blowing that base back into the Stone Age without warning is going to make Syrian government forces very nervous about handling chemical weapons in future in case they're "next" & will hopefully put a stop to it. Just so long as this is the ONLY involvement Trump has in this business.

Outstanding that Obama bad is getting dragged up in this .
Congress wouldn't support his attempt to strike at Assad and they are whining like bitches about not being consulted about this.

5 minutes ago, tintax said:

This. 

Unlike his predecessor, Trump has sent a clear message to the regime that acts like the chemical weapons attack earlier this week will not be tolerated. 

Except Obama did bomb Syria over 12'000 times, then cut a deal with the Russians to allow inspectors in to investigate his chemical weapons ,all while Trump repeatedly tweeted stuff like this

image.jpeg

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Unpredictable, irrational and trigger happy?

A hellish and dangerous combination.

The clowns who claimed Trump would be safer and less warmongering than Clinton always bewildered me.  What's more dangerous than an ignorant egomaniac?

Admittedly I'm no Middle East expert, but one thing I can't get is what does Assad gain with a chemical weapons attack?  It's a total PR disaster and he's lost the sympathy vote (if he ever had that of course).

Putin isn't happy and Trump has launched cruise missiles. He surely can't believe this was in any way a good move? 

What did Assad gain from this tactic?  He may have killed a couple of hundred of the enemy, but at what price? Doesn't make sense to be honest

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Admittedly I'm no Middle East expert, but one thing I can't get is what does Assad gain with a chemical weapons attack?  It's a total PR disaster and he's lost the sympathy vote (if he ever had that of course).

Putin isn't happy and Trump has launched cruise missiles. He surely can't believe this was in any way a good move? 

What did Assad gain from this tactic?  He may have killed a couple of hundred of the enemy, but at what price? Doesn't make sense to be honest

Nothing. I'm not sure about how much control he has over the military. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a rogue officer after revenge.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing. I'm not sure about how much control he has over the military. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a rogue officer after revenge.

And another thing - who makes and supplies chemical weapons?