The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Strange how the Trumpeters who hate professional politicians, want them, however inexperienced, to fill all the top jobs.

P.S. I suspect that Trump, used to depending on delegating work to people who know what they're doing, will disappoint most of the ideologue maniacs who have suggested themselves so far.

Edited by welshbairn

Jim Webb would be a dream pick for Sec Defense. He was a career soldier, from a family who's fought in every American war and father of US soldiers. He was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan. He has a career as an author of both history and fiction books, so he's been successful outside of government, a true public servant. He served one term as a Democratic senator and mostly distinguished himself as an opponent of the Iraq War. And of course he had the moment in the Democrat Presidential debate where he named the enemy soldiers he'd killed in Vietnam as the political enemy he was most proud of having, after all the other Democrats had named various Republicans.

Reports are that Ted Cruz is in the running for Attorney General. I want him on the Supreme Court. I think he'd be excellent there. Very little chance of him going "native" as Republican appointees often do. I want Rudy Giuliani as AG to start out. I'm sure he'd only do a year or two, but we need for the country after BLM and former black power activists holding the position for 8 years exactly what he did for New York City as mayor. Making the entire country liveable for all people requires a bit of race realism. His policies made NYC liveable again after two decades of hippy/bury your head in the sand/utopian policies led to the decline into violence of a great city. Kris Kobach is the AG favorite of the anti-immigration crowd, but he's young and is only Kansas Secretary of State right now. Bring him in and groom him for the position for a year or two.

Not sure about Secretary of State. We need an America Firster who's not overly belligerent. Maybe Jeff Sessions if he wants to leave the Senate.

'Making the country liveable for all people requires a bit of race realism.'

Really? Care to expand on this statement?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

'Making the country liveable for all people requires a bit of race realism.'

Really? Care to expand on this statement?

Take stop and frisk as applied in NYC and Chicago. Yes, if you're white or asian in NYC you were never going to be stopped. But those folks live in neighborhoods where such a small portion of the murders are committed that it really is a waste of resources. And the types of murders generally committed by those folks (domestic with a specific target) are not the type you stop with stop and frisk unless you happen to catch them on the way to the do the murder. The types of murder you stop with stop and frisk are random gang shootings that appear out of nowhere. Those are nearly 100% committed in black and Hispanic neighborhoods. These are also the types of murders that make a neighborhood unliveable. If my neighbor decides to off his wife's lover, that's not a threat to me. If rival gangs of youths are engaged in tit for tat shootouts, I can't live in or visit that neighborhood safely. In Chicago stopping and frisking requires a mountain of paperwork and each cop is required to show that all races are treated equal regardless of the facts on the ground as to where gang shootouts are taking place. So for each suspicious black youth in a neighborhood which has seen 10 murders in the last month that he frisks, he has to go to a white neighborhood which hasn't seen a murder in 5 years and frisk someone. And then he has to do the mountain of paperwork over again. And that's one of the reasons why the south and west sides of Chicago are referred to as Chiraq and NYC is one of the safest big cities in the world. When I'm in NYC I don't even think about my surroundings or what type of neighborhood I'm in. It literally doesn't occur to me. When I'm in Chicago you lock your doors and don't leave your car until you get to the north side.

Edited by Deplorable

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Strange how the Trumpeters who hate professional politicians, want them, however inexperienced, to fill all the top jobs.

P.S. I suspect that Trump, used to depending on delegating work to people who know what they're doing, will disappoint most of the ideologue maniacs who have suggested themselves so far.

Obviously certain jobs, like Supreme Court, Sec State, or Attorney General, require a government career.

The President is just a CEO, so if you have the skills to lead an organization and negotiate with opponents, it doesn't matter whether you have experience in government. I prefer the model of "public servant" rather than career politician/bureaucrat as much as possible in government, but obviously there's a limit.

Also, the people that elected Trump are the non-ideologues of the Republican Party. We know Trump is a dealmaker who will work with Congress to move the country towards the vision he articulated in his campaign. We won't get everything, but he won't be like Clinton who said one thing but would have delivered the complete opposite once in office or Obama who was too ideologically inflexible to work with anybody towards his goals.

Edited by Deplorable

3 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Obviously certain jobs, like Supreme Court, Sec State, or Attorney General, require a government career.

The last thing the Supreme Court needs is a zealot politician like Cruz. I'd have thought you'd prefer a strict Constitutionalist without fear or favour for either side.

I don't have a problem with Stop and Frisk as long as there is probable suspicion for stopping someone, but the link between it and crime dropping in NYC is tentative at best. 
Lower crime rates can also be linked to the the upsurge of gentrification in NYC.

The present rapid rise crime in Chicago is a drugs war over the heroin epidemic in the suburbs. It needs more than Stop and Frisk.

A worrying thing is that in Trump's ear, after internet troll Bannon, is his son in law Jared Kushner. He got the transition staff fired along with their leader Chris Christie, which has left things in a bit of disarray, given they have 4000 jobs to fill by January. It might be a total coincidence, but Christie prosecuted Kushner's dad for fraud, and paying a prostitute to seduce his brother in law, filming it, and sending the video to his sister in an attempt to stop her testifying against him. He was jailed for 2 years. Jared seems to be a bit miffed. WTF, it's only about who rules the most powerful country on earth.

P.S. More chaos in Trump Tower: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/donald-trump-transition-lobbyists-confusion/index.html

Edited by welshbairn

Hey, I don't know if any of you have watched a program called the Apprentice.
The UK version has Alan Sugar on it and the US version has some Manhattan Teuchter, who's name escapes me.
Oh dear - my memory is not as good as it use to be - where are my socks?

Anyway - a brief summary of the show - two teams - task - losing team - boardroom - somebody fired.
In one episode of the US version - the prize for the winning team was "Ten minutes of my time"
The winning project leader went up to the apartment for whatsisname and given a great pep talk
"My advice - if you want to be a success - then be like me."
.. or something like that.
Found them!

Anyway, every so often, you get an episode where somebody who is desperate not to be fired say something like
"Yes, you think I am f***ing useless but put me in charge and I will show you what I can do."
The next episode, they are put in charge - and it simply confirms that they are f***ing useless.

Anyway, the point I was going to make is this.  Oh dear, I can't remember.
Edited by Fullerene

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

You haven't answered yet.

20 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I think I don't give a f**k what you think.

hmm.

Now back to the subject at hand.  You stated "here comes the fascism" in relation to a particular article about Trump, then further stated that the UK government were fascists and rounded it off with asking the difference between the UK government and a blood a soil nationalist.  You quite clearly have no idea what you the movements you are posting about actually stand for.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

hmm.

Now back to the subject at hand.  You stated "here comes the fascism" in relation to a particular article about Trump, then further stated that the UK government were fascists and rounded it off with asking the difference between the UK government and a blood a soil nationalist.  You quite clearly have no idea what you the movements you are posting about actually stand for.

You haven't answered yet.