The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

A spokesperson for the former president has released a statement:

"Make no mistake, this entire bogus case is a political endeavor targeting President Trump because he is now an overwhelming front-runner to be once again elected President of the United States."

"The continued abuse of our great Constitution for political ends is disgusting and cannot be tolerated," the statement continues. "Our nation is in serious trouble when claims lacking any evidence or proof or eyewitnesses can invade our courts to score political points."

😂

Considering his defence was based around “everyone was doing it back then”, it’s no surprise the vile cretin was found guilty. 

I’d be willing to bet this does absolutely nothing negative for his popularity, and will only unify the sycophant lunatics that form the base of his support. 

We know what a spiteful tart he is, so I wonder how this will get paid. Will he embark on a Machiavellian plan to avoid paying out while he's alive, or will his victim find a dump truck containing five hundred million pennies pouring its contents out in her front yard?

As for his reputation, he literally won the presidency to the soundtrack of his recorded admission that he sexually assaults women all the time, and gets away with it because of his wealth. If he wants to, he'll run again to the mantra of "never convicted of rape", and it won't affect his popularity at all.

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

We know what a spiteful tart he is, so I wonder how this will get paid. Will he embark on a Machiavellian plan to avoid paying out while he's alive, or will his victim find a dump truck containing five hundred million pennies pouring its contents out in her front yard?

As for his reputation, he literally won the presidency to the soundtrack of his recorded admission that he sexually assaults women all the time, and gets away with it because of his wealth. If he wants to, he'll run again to the mantra of "never convicted of rape", and it won't affect his popularity at all.

Hic..

1 hour ago, The DA said:

BBC saying he's going to appeal. Does anyone know on what grounds?

I AM BIG MAN. BIG PRESIDENT MAN. EVERYBODY ADORES ME. THEY WANT TO VOTE FOR ME. THE ILLUMILEFTIES WANT TO STOP PEOPLE VOTING FOR ME. 

5 hours ago, The DA said:

BBC saying he's going to appeal. Does anyone know on what grounds?

It'll delay any payment and annoy his victim.

He's been a massive abuser of the legal system for decades, admitting that he sues people knowing he can't win purely to waste their time and cause stress. Also loves a SLAPP suit to intimidate news organisations into keeping quiet about his cuntery. Not to mention the hilarious attempts to demonstrate electoral fraud in dozens of courtrooms without ever presenting evidence of electoral fraud.

Anyway, shouldn't you be schooling us on the American legal system, Mr District Attorney?  :P

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Trump just did an hour town hall on CNN and came across well by all accounts.

image.thumb.jpeg.c3117e26e3dc87305ca181e43ca5f56b.jpeg

I'm not sure how the audience is selected for these things, but watching a few clips it sounds strange to hear them cheering and applauding him on CNN.

The audience was selected from Republicans and Republican leaning independents based on various news pieces this morning. Seems very odd for CNN to do this. Guess they're just chasing ratings. 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

The audience was selected from Republicans and Republican leaning independents based on various news pieces this morning. Seems very odd for CNN to do this. Guess they're just chasing ratings. 

CNN is under new ownership and rumours are that it’s headed Foxwards. This would of course be great for democracy in the US…

TBH I find CNN and MSNBC nearly as unwatchable as FOX, there's zero attempt at neutral reporting. ABC and NBC are less annoying if a bit boring, but at least there is an attempt at objectivity.

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Trump just did an hour town hall on CNN and came across well by all accounts.

Trump called a Black police officer a “thug”. He made racist comments about Chinatown in Washington. He described host Kaitlan Collins as a “nasty person”. He made fun of a woman he sexually abused as a “whack job”. He refused to say whether he wants Russia or Ukraine to win the war.