The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Nah. Is definitely guilty of trying to white-knight Russia on occasion but he's been plenty critical of Trump.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Might be fair actually. Seems to know a fair bit about Russian politics.

Nah I don't have a particular interest or knowledge of Russian politics, I've just been following the Syrian conflict in particular from the start and believe they're the ones with the legitimate position.

I've always said Trump is a clown who is unlikely to last a term, and his sanity genuinely appears to be crumbling.

Nah I don't have a particular interest or knowledge of Russian politics, I've just been following the Syrian conflict in particular from the start and believe they're the ones with the legitimate position.
I've always said Trump is a clown who is unlikely to last a term, and his sanity genuinely appears to be crumbling.

Where do you keep up to date? I never thought I'd say this but Reddit has been great.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Where do you keep up to date? I never thought I'd say this but Reddit has been great.

I should have a look, never actually been on Reddit. I follow some independent reporters in Syria as well as local media. The big news outlets have their place ( western and Russian), but I tend to look for corroboration elsewhere for anything damning to one side or the other. There are very few impartial sources actually on the ground there.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I should have a look, never actually been on Reddit. I follow some independent reporters in Syria as well as local media. The big news outlets have their place ( western and Russian), but I tend to look for corroboration elsewhere for anything damning to one side or the other. There are very few impartial sources actually on the ground there.

What do you think of that guy in England who runs a Syrian news and Infirmation service?

I forget the name of his service but it's quite a grandiose title for what is essentially a one man band.

He does seem well respected though and is often quoted by the BBC and newspapers.  I think he has very, very good contacts in Syria and is very dedicated in his crusade to get the truth, or some of it at least, out.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

What do you think of that guy in England who runs a Syrian news and Infirmation service?

I forget the name of his service but it's quite a grandiose title for what is essentially a one man band.

He does seem well respected though and is often quoted by the BBC and newspapers.  I think he has very, very good contacts in Syria and is very dedicated in his crusade to get the truth, or some of it at least, out.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. Aye it's one guy set up in his house in Coventry, funded in part by the UK foreign office and the EU. He fled Syria after being involved in anti-government activities and hasn't been back for 15 years, saying he will not go back until Assad is gone. All of his contacts are in opposition-held areas and he freely admits to being part of the opposition movement himself, so not exactly an impartial source, but still one of the main sources for nearly everything that appears in our news. Sounds legit!

16 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

According to a memo from recently fired FBI Director James Comey, Trump asked "I hope you can let this go" with regards to the investigation into Michael Flynn.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Justin Amash (Republican Congressman) has now said that if this story is true - and it has since been confirmed by the Washington Post, the Associated Press, Reuters and at least one other) then it's grounds for impeachment.  I think the worm is turning.

What makes this even weirder is that Louise Mensch has been bang on the money on this for months.  

Genuinely.  What a time to be alive.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

Is this the beginning of the end? Trump certainly won't be going down without a fight, if it is.

I go to the US tomorrow. Could be great timing.

You might never be allowed to leave.  Anarchy!