The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

46 minutes ago, Paco said:

she is quite literally the biggest failure in political history. 

She's won the popular vote in every election she's ever contested. 80000 votes in swing states fell in very specific circumstances away from her and hurt her despite a popular win of almost 3 million.

Let's not get bogged down on things. Would Cambridge Analytics have been able to produce enough fake news articles to push in strategic locations if Sanders or Biden was running? I think they may have.

Literally the biggest failure in political history. :lol:

I'd say anyone involved in Labour in Scotland easily wins that. How else would you describe people who manage to make their party more toxic than the Tories in Scotland? That takes some amount of effort.

Clinton is a massive failure of course, but the hyperbole is stupid.

Tbf Clinton went up against a cartoon fascist celebrity with the vast majority of the media, business and the political establishment on her side and despite her opponent openly bragging about sexual assault and being an all round roaster she still managed to lose the election on the back of a mild scandal about email security.

Tbf Clinton went up against a cartoon fascist celebrity with the vast majority of the media, business and the political establishment on her side and despite her opponent openly bragging about sexual assault and being an all round roaster she still managed to lose the election on the back of a mild scandal about email security.

"Muricans gonna Murican"

The US government now pays over half a trillion dollars a year on debt interest payments. The scariest thing about this chart is that rates have been near zero since the big dip around 2008/9, yet the rate of increase is approaching vertical. They are currently trying to slowly but surely 'normalise' rates, while Trump is planning massive infrastructure expenditure. How much longer can this go on?

20170504_tax.jpg

The US government now pays over half a trillion dollars a year on debt interest payments. The scariest thing about this chart is that rates have been near zero since the big dip around 2008/9, yet the rate of increase is approaching vertical. They are currently trying to slowly but surely 'normalise' rates, while Trump is planning massive infrastructure expenditure. How much longer can this go on?
20170504_tax.jpg

IMG_1494024874.720436.jpg

You should of course note that the y axis in both graphs don't start at zero and the figures aren't adjusted for inflation who make them both look a lot more dramatic than they actually are

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You should of course note that the y axis in both graphs don't start at zero and the figures aren't adjusted for inflation who make them both look a lot more dramatic than they actually are

That is true of course but the underlying figures are worrying, considering that the national debt has doubled since 2009 despite the increase in revenue.

It's easy to assume the financial system will go on forever as new debt is created to pay off the existing, but eventually it will get to the point where governments can't even afford to pay the interest.

That is true of course but the underlying figures are worrying, considering that the national debt has doubled since 2009 despite the increase in revenue.

It's easy to assume the financial system will go on forever as new debt is created to pay off the existing, but eventually it will get to the point where governments can't even afford to pay the interest.

I wasn't saying that you were wrong to say there's a problem just that you were presenting the facts in a particularly alarming light

Of course in the context of a post truth, alternative facts, Donald Trump presidency it seems almost churlish to complain about the spin on something that did at least contain conventional fact.

I'm getting nostalgic for politicians who twisted the truth as opposed to just telling flat out lies

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Comedy ought to have been fired after trying to influence the election. His dismissal is not the issue, so much as the very odd timing.

His hand was forced by leaks from the New York office who were heavily influenced by Giuliani who was working for Trump. When they put the pressure on and were going to get the news out there, he had to come out and clarify. It should be noted that he then worked through the next few days at full speed and closed the investigation as publicly as possible.

Most information about Comey suggests he's always been a good character around really shitty people. There was a case during the Bush administration where the attorney general was lying on his death bed and the president's staff all rushed to get him to sign authorisation to basically extend the unlimited domestic surveillance powers that had been deemed illegal. Comey was the one to rush to the hospital and tell his superiors to get to f**k which I think comes across as a very courageous thing to do (it would have been easy to let that sort of thing happen and gain favour in the administration).

I may be wrong but I think he has always stood alone from the White House and genuinely tried to act honourably. When the house of cards collapses, I suspect his whole story will be very interesting.

Trump claims to have invented the phrase "prime the pump" a couple of days ago.

"Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just... came up with it a couple days ago and I thought it was good"

:lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-claims-to-have-invented-phrase-that-dates-back-to-1930s/ar-BBB1APa?li=BBArDa6&ocid=spartanntp