The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/17/donald-trump-presidency-media-coverage-russia-scandal

“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately, especially by the media,” Trump said on Wednesday during a speech to the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut. “No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.”

^^^^^ actual tears

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/17/donald-trump-presidency-media-coverage-russia-scandal
“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately, especially by the media,” Trump said on Wednesday during a speech to the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut. “No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.”
^^^^^ actual tears

That's him hijacking an event that should be all about the cadets with his attention seeking nonsense.

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd imagine he's forgotten about Lincoln and Kennedy. I think he'll resign within a month.

He's also forgetting about Nixon, although to be fair, he did actually turn out to be a witch.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Totally lost it. 

I'd imagine he's forgotten about Lincoln and Kennedy. I think he'll resign within a month.

*counsel

President of the US and he can't even fucking spell.

It's the beginning of the end, although it's probably going to get pretty messy.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....
had a 'Trump' moment

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

*council

President of the US and he can't even fucking spell.

It's the beginning of the end, although it's probably going to get pretty messy.

*counsel

Even if you want to focus solely on US politicians, aye, only the four sitting Presidents assassinated and another two surviving shootings.

He's a genuine moron. Even W. was at least coherent, and I'd suggest he had an even tougher time from the press. Trump is just unfathomably stupid.

:lol: Article here about Comey and Trump's personal relationship. It would be quite funny if Trump was not trying to obstruct but the lack of a hug really offended him enough to fire him.

Mr. Wittes said that Mr. Comey told him that he initially did not want to go to the meeting because the F.B.I. director should not have too close a relationship with the White House. But Mr. Comey went because he wanted to represent the bureau.

The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.

But Mr. Trump spotted Mr. Comey and called him out.

“Oh and there’s Jim,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s become more famous than me.”

With an abashed look on his face, Mr. Comey walked up to Mr. Trump.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”

Their intensive cocaine production could help with that IMO

I'll miss Coco Pops, but it is for the greater good. And if I can have a couple of lines for breakfast at low, low prices, I think I can cope. God bless President Trump.

I'm fascinated by the language of the BBC on these issues: how they report a world leader like Putin as 'wading into' the Trump-Russia row. Quite a comparison to the reporting when clunking failure Gordon Brown sticks his neb in to current events. Despite being someone for whom the term 'wade in' would have been invented if it didn't already exist, his views are almost inevitably described on the BBC in statesmanlike terms such as intervention.

Edited by Mr Heliums

3 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I'm fascinated by the language of the BBC on these issues: how they report a world leader like Putin as 'wading into' the Trump-Russia row. Quite a comparison to the reporting when clunking failure Gordon Brown sticks his neb in to current events. Despite being someone for whom the term 'wade in' would have been invented if it didn't already exist, his views are almost inevitably described on the BBC in statesmanlike terms such as intervention.

Off topic buy the described jeremy corbyn as "grinning" the other day. Not smiling, not happy, but grinning. I'm no fan of labour but that's ridiculous bias