The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 months into the presidency of the anti-war candidate...war.png.3771f83a4d23530ed437ddeec13e6f17.png

Of all the arguments for supporting Trump, the idea that he was less likely to use the military was probably the flimsiest. And yet it was the one used most often by so many anti-"MSN" conspiracy theorists.

Thought Rik Tillerson would have been slaughtered yesterday in Moscow but he seems to have done ok as a newby by sticking strictly to a brief. Who knows who prepared it with him being almost alone in the State Department. I thought he handled this press conference well considering he'll be unused to the simultaneous translation and the Press. Listening to Lavrov was too much with the translation going on, so I trust he did very well but fast forwarded through his bits. 

As an apology to Mr Lavrov, here's an interview he made earlier:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/sergey-lavrov-the-interview-19940

Edited by welshbairn

'Misdirected' airstrike killed 18 allied Syrian forces, US military confirms
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/13/misdirected-airstrike-killed-18-allied-syrian-forces-us-military-confirms.html
The U.S. military confirmed Thursday a "misdirected" airstrike from the U.S.-led coalition
this week killed 18 allied fighters battling the Islamic State terror network in northern Syria.
Syrian Democratic Forces, partnering with the U.S., gave coalition aircraft the wrong coordinates
for a strike intended to hit ISIS south of its Tabqa stronghold, according to U.S. Central Command.
The strike hit an SDF position instead, killing 18 fighters on Tuesday, the U.S. officials said.
"The Coalition's deepest condolences go out to the members of the SDF and their families."
It was the third time in a month U.S.-led airstrikes may have killed allies or civilians.
...and so it goes on.

On 08/04/2017 at 16:53, welshbairn said:

Good response Willie. I don't agree with you though, if the US had firm evidence that sarin gas bombs were loaded on planes at the airbase and dropped on civilians (or anyone) they were perfectly entitled to bomb the airbase, as a disincentive to further war crimes. Setting up an independent neutral investigation would mean nothing happening for months if not years.

Don't know why it keeps quoting the comment above....I cant get rid.

But this thread's hilarious,