The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Isn't there a pub in Paisley that has - or had - a Confederate flag in the window? Might have been taken down now, but I'm sure I can recall one from when I was there to see Aberdeen a few years ago. I remember thinking that was very strange. 

I'm quite sure that the filling station on the royal mile in Edinburgh has, or used to have a confederate flag on the wall.

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Isn't there a pub in Paisley that has - or had - a Confederate flag in the window? Might have been taken down now, but I'm sure I can recall one from when I was there to see Aberdeen a few years ago. I remember thinking that was very strange. 

The Alamo. They still had it in March. Don't think it was any sort of statement, just a piece of memorabilia. They had a Texas flag and, I think, a California flag, plus loads of other 'Americana' memorabilia.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

The Alamo. They still had it in March. Don't think it was any sort of statement, just a piece of memorabilia. They had a Texas flag and, I think, a California flag, plus loads of other 'Americana' memorabilia.

Ah, right; I couldn't recall the name of the place. I didn't go across to check it out. Always a risk that people get the wrong impression if you have a Confederate flag in your window, I suppose. 

54 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The guy that runs the Alamo is a fucking nutter. 

Enjoys all the Native American stuff as well as the Confederate pish.

Edited by djchapsticks

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

So it takes three days for Trump to speak out for the people of Charlottesville (and which he rescinded within 24 hours) but twenty minutes to condemn the Barcelona attacks. I wonder why?

And with reference to an urban myth.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898254409511129088

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

Edited by welshbairn

I notice that the BBC news ticker is saying PM May condemns the attack, Chancellor Merkel says the German people stand with Barcelona and US President states they will do anything to help. Is this a deliberate plot not to use Trumps name now from them?

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

Ok I see what you are saying.  But if the Confederate battle flag was banned by Amazon for being racist, why wasn't the uk union flag banned for the same reason, the national front or whatever they are called today still use it.

Is this satire?

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently, he used it in 2016 and it was pointed out to him that it wasn't true.  

Up until very recently, I thought Trump was merely out of his depth.  I now fear he's a malevolent force who knows exactly what he's doing.

Edited by Savage Henry
For some reason, everything I type is turning into a link.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Apparently, he used it in 2016 and it was pointed out to him that it wasn't true.  

Up until very recently, I thought Trump was merely out of his depth.  I now fear he's a malevolent force who knows exactly what he's doing.

Oh, the loathsome b*****d knows exactly what he's doing.

46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The guy that runs the Alamo is a fucking nutter. 

Enjoys all the Native American stuff as well as the Confederate pish.

Strange film, pub's on my remember to visit list though. Shame the "Gringo - Green grow the rushes O" myth isn't true, "gringo"  was first recorded 50 years before the Alamo, in Spain, and as general term for foreigners.

So it takes three days for Trump to speak out for the people of Charlottesville (and which he rescinded within 24 hours) but twenty minutes to condemn the Barcelona attacks. I wonder why?

Difficult one that!