The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I really hope they give it to Kim Jong Un, he'd fucking implode. Influential baddies quite often win.

Vlad has won Forbes most powerful man for the last 4 years in a row, and you'd think he'd be nailed on for it this year too after his apparent omnipresence in 2017.  I wonder if he's on Time's shortlist too. Trump's Twitter will be entertaining whoever wins.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Looks like he's talked himself out of the award, which he'll be seething about, but he'll say he's not bothered and go on about how Time is failing. etc.

And the thing is, the award isn't "The Best Person" of the Year.   Hitler has "won" it previously.  It's for the person with the biggest influence - positive or negative.  Of course, only someone with an ego as gargantuan as Wostit Boy would see it as a slight on him not to be given it.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And the thing is, the award isn't "The Best Person" of the Year.   Hitler has "won" it previously.  It's for the person with the biggest influence - positive or negative.  Of course, only someone with an ego as gargantuan as Wostit Boy would see it as a slight on him not to be given it.

Colin Kaepernick's 4th favourite. :)

I think we've reached peak virtue signaling.

Malibu, a city with 21 miles of the best coastline in California and 12,900 people (87% non-Hispanic white, 6.1% Hispanic), declared itself a sanctuary city after Trump's election. The people who live there are very adept at using green and land use laws to stop any development that would allow more people to live in the city, hence why it's almost all very rich white people.

Lifelong Malibu resident Mikke Pierson, 57, a supporter of the resolution, said it’s hard to imagine a Malibu without the many immigrants who toil there. That why expressing support for people who are in the country illegally is so important, he said.

“Heck … we would be paralyzed and no one’s houses would be cleaned,” the former surf shop owner said.

Our city depends on a Hispanic population to support our comfortable lifestyle,” Rosenthal read. “Do we not owe them what comfort and protections that are possible in these challenging times?”

Now just a few months later:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-malibu-homeless-soup-kitchen-20171124-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

But Malibu United Methodist Church — facing pressure from the city — in recent weeks took a U-turn, deciding twice-weekly dinners for homeless people would stop after Thanksgiving. The cutoff came after city officials summoned organizers and suggested they were attracting more homeless people and making the problem worse.

Meanwhile, Malibu United Methodist Church and Standing on Stone, a Christian group, had been hosting twice-weekly homeless dinners on Wednesdays and Thursdays for three years. The church is in a residential neighborhood, near the high school.

After the Metro’s Expo Line opened to Santa Monica last year, neighbors began complaining of mentally ill and rough-looking characters camping at the beach and hanging out near schools.

“A homeless person was taking a shower in the girls locker room in middle school — that wasn’t real good,” said Gary Peterson, a retired developer and hotelier who quit the church’s board of trustees over the meal issue. “Providing dinner is a nice thing to do and a good thing, but it’s the location.”

During the council meeting, Mayor Pro Tem Rick Mullen suggested volunteers put together box lunches for the social workers to hand out instead of dinners.

Liddell pledged to find a new place for the feedings, but that could be tough. Standing on Stone has been forced to move three other times because of complaints, Wylder said.

“There’s no place in Malibu to go,” she said.

Several homeless people said they sympathized with the city’s dilemma. Back at Margaritaville, Chris Smith said he was recovering from a traumatic eviction and “the meals are definitely helping.”

“But the taxpayers don’t want to take a chance on crime, and I kinda agree with them,” he said.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

32 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/immigration-visa-h1b-trump-.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Interesting column on getting this fella getting denied an H1-B visa after spending the best part of $200,000 getting an MBA from Stanford now that Trump is in power.

I got my L1-B after four months waiting on the expedited program. As it turned out, getting approval for that only gave me permission to apply at the embassy. That was approved fairly quickly but even at that if the guy on the immigration desk at Logan had taken a dislike to me, he still would've had the power to send me back. Anyway, it would be less likely that my initial application would be approved if I were to apply today. I have my Green Card now, though, so Trump can suck it.

22 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

How about these rich companies train Americans to do the jobs instead of getting the government to import people who are already trained.

Sure.
Anyone willing to do a degree and undertake a 10+ year training  program in the city with the highest rents in the world can have my job.