The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

The Pilgrims were dissenters but literally thought they were going to a new land to build God's kingdom on Earth. If you think about the start, it all kind of makes sense. No state church but heavy religious symbolism in government.

Fair do's but when I read every day online in the American news websites Fox, CNN, ABC etc there is a huge amount of animosity and law suits between atheist groups and christian groups over the placing of large crosses in towns or the bible quotations in welcome packs for students or Forces personnel as well as other issues.
It seems to me that they would be better omitting any reference to religion in the ceremony - that way everybody is happy and no one is left out.

4 minutes ago, Sooky said:

CNN have left Obama's speech at a military base halfway through to go to President Trump signing some pieces of paper.

Well, that's it! New era.

Trump's starting his new era fighting for the American worker by taking the weekend off apparently. In effect there's no President till Monday. I suspect Pence will be delegated most of the work for the next four years.

Edited by welshbairn