The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Is it not the case that the most recent appointee to the Supreme Court holds the view a sitting President cannot be indicted on state charges either?

Probably, but ask him in the morning when he's sober.

EDIT - I'd have to imagine that's the whole DoJ policy at the moment given the likes of Mississippi never tried to launch a suit against Obama for being a Muslim Communist.

EDIT - to the best of my knowledge.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

A comprehensive (and hence long) article dissecting the corrupt media coverage of Russiagate. And some Peegate origin story

sikoff: Yeah. I think we had some evidence in there of an event that may have inspired the pee tape and that was the visit that Trump made with a number of characters who later showed up in Moscow, specifically Emin Agalarov and Rob Goldstone to this raunchy Las Vegas nightclub where one of the regular acts was a skit called “Hot For Teacher” in which dancers posing as college Co-Ed’s urinated – or simulated urinating on their professor. Which struck me as an odd coincidence at best. I think, you know, it is not implausible that event may have inspired...

Ziegler: An urban legend?

Isikoff: ...allegations that appeared in the Steele dossier. 

Isikoff delivered this story with a laughing tone. He seamlessly transitioned to what he then called the “real” point, i.e. “the irony is Steele may be right, but it wasn’t the Kremlin that had sexual kompromat on Donald Trump, it was the National Enquirer.

Recapping: the reporter who introduced Steele to the world (his September 23, 2016 story was the first to reference him as a source), who wrote a book that even he concedes was seen as “validating” the pee tape story, suddenly backtracks and says the whole thing may have been based on a Las Vegas strip act, but it doesn’t matter because Stormy Daniels, etc.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:25, Zetterlund said:

I tend to tune out of the constant 'revelations' in the Trump/Russia allegations. I believe it's a massive red herring and a monumental waste of time and resources. 

Never in doubt. Donald & family may yet be rumbled for various financial misadventures, but the central pillar of a Russian conspiracy was always complete hokum.

Hold on, I seem to remember one of the all-time great Tweeters, possibly the greatest ever, saying this investigation was all a fix; perhaps the same person who's been calling Mueller all the c***s under the sun for months on end. Does that mean these findings can't be trusted? I'm confused.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Hold on, I seem to remember one of the all-time great Tweeters, possibly the greatest ever, saying this investigation was all a fix; perhaps the same person who's been calling Mueller all the c***s under the sun for months on end. Does that mean these findings can't be trusted? I'm confused.

Trump has bought Mueller off, there needs to be an investigation of Mueller’s financial holdings.

Amusing seeing people on the internet absolutely livid that the report doesn't meet their predetermined conclusion. 

The whole Russia thing really has been a total waste of time and energy that could've been better spent elsewhere on Trump. Too many people who should really have known better going in with two feet on this and in the end have embarrassed themselves and handed Trump a decisive victory in his feud with the media. 

If meeting a Kremlin lawyer in Trump Tower to discuss dropping sanctions on Russia in exchange for dirt on Clinton, followed by a leak of stolen emails, wasn't enough, it was always clear that it would be money stuff that would hurt him, much of which is either progressing in the courts or still under investigation. So far his Campaign Chairman (convicted) gave election research data to a Russia linked Ukrainian, his National Security Advisor (convicted) and others persuaded the GOP to drop stuff about aiding Ukraine against Russia with advanced weaponry in the Convention in Cleveland, and later discussed dropping  sanctions with the Russian Ambassador when Obama had just imposed them, all without informing anyone in Government. And his personal lawyer (convicted) was in contact with the Kremlin during the campaign to do with something Trump lied about. Merited investigation imo.

Edited by welshbairn