The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 4/21/2019 at 20:18, Granny Danger said:

Reading the various reports over the weekend, I am torn two ways about impeachment.  

The could be a prima facia argument based on obstruction of justice but it would never get passed the Senate; could become a political sideshow; and nothing should be done that would help unite Republicans.

Might be better waiting to see what stems from the State level investigations first.

The Republicans have shown that there's no amount of nefarious activity that would cause them to go along with impeachment.   It's careerism masquerading as public unity.   

There’s plenty of stuff out there showing Uncle Joe to be a creep, and his general behaviour isn’t at all acceptable in the #MeToo era.

Obviously he’d be up against Trump, but being better than the other guy isn’t really a qualifying measure when there’s a primary to contest. I think he might shunt the race to the left as a reaction against him, to be honest.

Should’ve ran last time, but bottled it.

On 4/25/2019 at 16:20, Paco said:

There’s plenty of stuff out there showing Uncle Joe to be a creep, and his general behaviour isn’t at all acceptable in the any era save for medieval times.

FTFY

On 4/25/2019 at 18:20, Paco said:

There’s plenty of stuff out there showing Uncle Joe to be a creep, and his general behaviour isn’t at all acceptable in the #MeToo era.

Obviously he’d be up against Trump, but being better than the other guy isn’t really a qualifying measure when there’s a primary to contest. I think he might shunt the race to the left as a reaction against him, to be honest.

Should’ve ran last time, but bottled it.

I think he was wise not to run last time.  Losing to Trump is - or ought to be - a career killer.

On that note, quite how pussy grabbing didn't kill Trump's bid stone dead, I'll never know, but Old Man Joe's clingy behaviour is merely a bit weird when compared to Trump.  It's almost certainly a non issue, but he doesn't seem to be dealing with it very well.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think he was wise not to run last time.  Losing to Trump is - or ought to be - a career killer.

On that note, quite how pussy grabbing didn't kill Trump's bid stone dead, I'll never know, but Old Man Joe's clingy behaviour is merely a bit weird when compared to Trump.  It's almost certainly a non issue, but he doesn't seem to be dealing with it very well.

I mean it's probably not enough to kill off his bid at least. Thankfully there's decades of him being wrong on tons of shit and being a massive racist to boot.

Wise in what sense? Clinton was hopeless and pretty much had to cheat to beat a nobody who wasn’t even a Democrat. Biden was too scared to take on someone seen as having it in the bag. The Clinton campaign were absolutely bricking it.

Again, Biden’s stuff is obviously nothing in comparison to Trump, but we’re talking about a primary field at this stage. No need to choose the less rapey candidate.

13 minutes ago, Paco said:

Wise in what sense? Clinton was hopeless and pretty much had to cheat to beat a nobody who wasn’t even a Democrat. Biden was too scared to take on someone seen as having it in the bag. The Clinton campaign were absolutely bricking it.

Again, Biden’s stuff is obviously nothing in comparison to Trump, but we’re talking about a primary field at this stage. No need to choose the less rapey candidate.

Did anyone, on any side of the aisle, come out of that election with any dignity?  Nope.  Trump dragged it down to his level, and left the whole scene in flames.  It'll behoove any Democrat running to make clear they had nothing to do with the Clinton campaign, or the failed attempt to prevent one of the most odious presidents in living memory.

Maybe the wrong thread, but it's astonishing to find out what Boeing have been doing. Not telling airlines who were buying planes that they'd switched off the anti stall sensor failure warning in the software, in the hope they would pay for it later in an upgrade. Hundreds of people dead, not sure if there's a direct link, but looks likely. WSJ have the story behind a paywall, but it's out there.

Complete weirdo Jacob Wohl is, yet again, in a spot of bother.  This time trying to manufacture a homophobic sting operation in support of the Tangoman.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-smear-merchants-jacob-wohl-and-jack-burkman-try-to-slime-pete-buttigieg-with-bogus-sex-assault-claim?source=twitter&via=desktop#

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sure Trumpy wants a nice easy war like Panama or Grenada to play with his toys and boost his CV.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1123333508078997505

He wants a war to get reelected.  That's obviously the plan, and also secure access to the biggest oil reserves in the world for US corporations.  They will conduct military action in Venezuela next year, timed for maximum effect for the election in November.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Complete weirdo Jacob Wohl is, yet again, in a spot of bother.  This time trying to manufacture a homophobic sting operation in support of the Tangoman.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-smear-merchants-jacob-wohl-and-jack-burkman-try-to-slime-pete-buttigieg-with-bogus-sex-assault-claim?source=twitter&via=desktop#

His mate Jack Burkman's on a meltdown.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Burkman/status/1123351023769268224

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

:lol:

What an utter weirdo. He needs serious help.