The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Try going for a drink in certain cities, suburbs or towns in America or South Africa. You will quickly experience anti-white racism, possibly a bullet. 

giphy.gif

It's factually accurate, no?

FWIW I don't read too much into the popular vote. Trump did amazingly well in the swing states, even winning seemingly unwinnable states like Wisconson and Michigan. If America had Proportional Representation, effectively turning the whole country into one giant swing state, I think Trump would still have won.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning the outcome of the popular vote though and I don't doubt that Trump would have been seething had he polled more votes than Hillary (rhyming variants are available) and still lost the election.

26 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Can you just tell us the factual inaccuracies there then?

There are none as far as I can see!

Can you tell us the narrative they're desperately trying to propagate with such headline cherrypicked information?

Edited by banana

15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

FWIW I don't read too much into the popular vote. Trump did amazingly well in the swing states, even winning seemingly unwinnable states like Wisconson and Michigan. If America had Proportional Representation, effectively turning the whole country into one giant swing state, I think Trump would still have won.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning the outcome of the popular vote though and I don't doubt that Trump would have been seething had he polled more votes than Hillary (rhyming variants are available) and still lost the election.

That's obviously true.
Come nearer tae hame and Nigel wisnae happy at the last election polling 4m votes for the prize of one seat.
Such is politics.

On the protests in Britain (and other countries), I don't see what's wrong with protesting against someone who won on a platform of more torture, murdering the families of terrorist suspects, banning foreign Muslims from the USA and making American Muslims sign up to some sort of register.

Also one who bragged about sexually assaulting women, was previously accused of rape by his own wife, and ignores all the scientific evidence supporting man-made climate change.

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Correct on both counts. Both of them knew the deal here and if Clinton had campaigned well, this would not have been an issue. Trump and his team basically focused on what they thought they could win to get over the line and did just that. If it was down to FPTP, they might well have been able to do the same with that. I see it as a non-point really.

The second paragraph is true, but at the same time, the Independent focusing on the popular vote is basically undermiming the way they do things in the US, or worse still, completely ignoring it. It's a complete nothing issue.

Canada :1eye

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/opinion-trumps-name-on-tower-damages-childrens-health

We are writing to our fellow citizens to address an urgent public-health matter in Vancouver. In a matter of days, the Trump Tower will open.

With the public display of the Trump name, we will be seen as condoning the ridicule of the disabled, and condoning sexism, xenophobia and bigotry

On the protests in Britain (and other countries), I don't see what's wrong with protesting against someone who won on a platform of more torture, murdering the families of terrorist suspects, banning foreign Muslims from the USA and making American Muslims sign up to some sort of register.
Also one who bragged about sexually assaulting women, was previously accused of rape by his own wife, and ignores all the scientific evidence supporting man-made climate change.

All that stuff makes him a role model to some posters on here.
f**k you complaining about?
Move along nothing to see here.

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

That's fair enough but so what?
Half the world disnae like Trump as President but life still goes on.
The day after tomorrow Trump will still be President

1 minute ago, mjw said:

All that stuff makes him a role model to some posters on here.
f**k you complaining about?
Move along nothing to see here.

From my point of view, like it or lump it, like him or loath him he is still the POTUS.
And all the protesting in the world is no gonnae change that.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Try going for a drink in certain cities, suburbs or towns in America or South Africa. You will quickly experience anti-white racism, possibly a bullet. 

That's just a theory.  I think you should test the hypothesis and report back.

18 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

That's fair enough but so what?
Half the world disnae like Trump as President but life still goes on.
The day after tomorrow Trump will still be President

From my point of view, like it or lump it, like him or loath him he is still the POTUS.
And all the protesting in the world is no gonnae change that.

Aye, like it or lump it we voted to stay in the UK under the Queen. No point in whining about it.