The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are those quotes real?

Yes. He's fucked up tremendously here and the US is now looking at something like 200,000 deaths as a good scenario (IIRC). Mental that his ratings on how he has handled this crisis are so high but then that's all he cares about. How he looks and the stock market.

Edited by RiG

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are those quotes real?

I certainly know that a good few of them because I've heard them , there's plenty clips of press conferences available and various other interviews he's done . I know that on one occasion he spoke on the podium directly after one of hid clinical advisors and completely contradicted everything she had said 

Edited by stanton

19 minutes ago, stanton said:

I certainly know that a good few of them because I've heard them , there's plenty clips of press conferences available and various other interviews he's done . I know that on one occasion he spoke on the podium directly after one of hid clinical advisors and completely contradicted everything she had said 

Here you go.

As an aside, that homophobe Pence always stands behind Trump eyeing him up, me thinks he doth protest too much?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

despicable is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

It’s his contrarian take. He read a Glen Greenwald article or eight and now holds Trump as a pacifist and Obama as a warmongering tyrant, who was hell bent on a new American imperialism. It’s a bizarre take which owes a lot to Fox News and the alt right, but presented in all earnestness by seemingly intelligent people.

Also he knows Obama is generally pretty popular here, so the Candace Owens take is likely to wind folk up here. And it sometimes works, but usually people laugh at it.

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s his contrarian take. He read a Glen Greenwald article or eight and now holds Trump as a pacifist and Obama as a warmongering tyrant, who was hell bent on a new American imperialism. It’s a bizarre take which owes a lot to Fox News and the alt right, but presented in all earnestness by seemingly intelligent people.

Also he knows Obama is generally pretty popular here, so the Candace Owens take is likely to wind folk up here. And it sometimes works, but usually people laugh at it.

Combine that with supporting Priti Patel's stance on revoking the passport from a 35 year old with no criminal record when he was on holiday, because he may have fibbed when he was 14 about coming from Kosovo rather than a few miles away in Albania, along with deporting assorted people with records who arrived as toddlers, and thinking that the old and sick should be left to die if it means the pubs can open up a bit earlier, Cummings style, makes me wonder if Detournement and banana have ever posted at the same time?

3 hours ago, stanton said:

I've heard or seen the odd one, but reading them all at once, well...

After NRA lobbying, the Whitehouse declares gun shops and shooting ranges as essential businesses, putting them on par with hospitals, grocery stores and pharmacies.

200331-guns-ap-773.jpg

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/gun-stores-states-white-house-coronavirus-157543

Edited by welshbairn

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

After NRA lobbying, the Whitehouse declares gun shops and shooting ranges as essential businesses, putting them on par with hospitals, grocery stores and pharmacies.

200331-guns-ap-773.jpg

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/gun-stores-states-white-house-coronavirus-157543

If only we all had guns this virus wouldn’t dare show it’s face around here.

Combine that with supporting Priti Patel's stance on revoking the passport from a 35 year old with no criminal record when he was on holiday, because he may have fibbed when he was 14 about coming from Kosovo rather than a few miles away in Albania, along with deporting assorted people with records who arrived as toddlers, and thinking that the old and sick should be left to die if it means the pubs can open up a bit earlier, Cummings style, makes me wonder if Detournement and banana have ever posted at the same time?
H_B is an attention seeking idiot, long since broken by P&B. I can't remember the last time I replied to him that didn't involve laughter tbh

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

No Trump is obviously a racist war monger but in a different and probably less damaging way to the Presidents who proceeded him.

Because I'm not a racist who can write off killing thousands of people just because they live in a poor Muslim area I can't separate Obama from the drone program. For anyone who is unfamiliar with it here's three sickening facts

(I) The US government have no idea who the vast majority of people they kill are. They simply watch people with drones and analysts decide if their patterns of behaviour merit execution. The President then signs off on it. 

(II) They have a second strike policy where the people who come to collect the bodies of their victims are also killed by drone.

(III) Any male they kill over the age of 16 is considered an enemy combatant.

It is horrific and Obama was the architect of the program. You might learn something if you do a bit more reading - Glenn Greenwald would be a decent start for you- but I doubt it. Stick to the hipster nonsense.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The guy could have reentered the country at will but wouldn't because he knew he would get pulled at the border for commiting passport fraud. 

No country in the world is going to let someone in on a dodgy passport. 

13 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

America here planning on shooting its way out of the global pandemic😆 fucking excellent man.

D7182CBC-04A9-49A9-9C1B-7871B05076FB.png

I wonder how many of those early release inmates used a gun while committing their crime.  The NRA just do not get it.