The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur...

You know, even for Trump, that seemed egregiously nonsensical.  Turns out the original reporter for that story is... employed by Sputnik.  it’s basically completely invented bollocks.  

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Looks like it could be Trumpy's plan for his post presidency media empire. Seem to get their tips from Qanon, and have full Whitehouse access.

This is behind a paywall unfortunately, but the second one isn't.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-allies-explore-buyout-of-conservative-news-channel-one-america-news-network-11578696767

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trumps-favorite-tv-network-post-parody/611353/

The damage he’s doing to American society will take decades to remove.  It’s things like this that make the “but Biden’s just as bad” so disingenuous.  

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The damage he’s doing to American society will take decades to remove.  It’s things like this that make the “but Biden’s just as bad” so disingenuous.  

Agreed, although perversely I'm somewhat pleased he's in the White House at this point - if it was a Romney or a Biden, they'd promise to look at things and set up committees and institute wooly recommendations that would somewhat placate folks until the next George Floyd or the next Breonna Taylor. The non-existence of Federal leadership so far in the pandemic response has led folks to think they're on their own and the disgraceful response to racially unified nationwide protests means he's a very visible symbol of knowing your enemy. Hopefully his utter fucking awfulness acts as a catalyst to people realising proper change is needed. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

GHW Bush campaign manager Rick Wilson seems unimpressed- 

Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) Tweeted:
Which one of your batshit loon followers gave you this crown jewel of absolute dumbfuckery? 

Honestly, I really want to know.

Rick Wilson is a pretty excellent follow on Twitter.  He and Tom Nichols are absolutely hated by GOP fanatics, but they are all that stands between the party and borderline insanity.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

On the other hand, he's bringing to the surface a lot of unresolved bitterness and societal inequity, even if he's on the side of the status quo. Maybe he'll end up being the catalyst for a genuine change in attitudes and power structures, once people see how bad things can get. "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out".

On the other hand, he may well be the start of a descent into full-blown fascism. Swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Rick Wilson is a pretty excellent follow on Twitter.  He and Tom Nichols are absolutely hated by GOP fanatics, but they are all that stands between the party and borderline insanity.  

I'm also fairly annoyed it took me til this weekend to have heard of Randy Rainbow, who's wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VBevEYELQ0

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Agreed, although perversely I'm somewhat pleased he's in the White House at this point - if it was a Romney or a Biden, they'd promise to look at things and set up committees and institute wooly recommendations that would somewhat placate folks until the next George Floyd or the next Breonna Taylor. The non-existence of Federal leadership so far in the pandemic response has led folks to think they're on their own and the disgraceful response to racially unified nationwide protests means he's a very visible symbol of knowing your enemy. Hopefully his utter fucking awfulness acts as a catalyst to people realising proper change is needed. 

Agreed.

On that note, I see that Joe Biden was the apparently official representation to visit George Floyd’s family.  Not even a phone call from Trump.  

It is almost like they are trying to appear as monstrous as possible.  And now it turns out Stephen Miller is going to make a White House speech on race relations.  

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And now it turns out Stephen Miller is going to make a White House speech on race relations.  

Again, the bad person in me wants to see this, even if it's just curiosity over the logistics of how a man gets both feet in his mouth while his head's up his own arse. 

ETA - Trump did call George Floyd's brother, seems to have gone about as well as when he called LaDavid Johnson's widow to tell her 'he knew what he signed up for' - https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/politics/george-floyd-brother-talks-trump/index.html

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

On that note, I see that Joe Biden was the apparently official representation to visit George Floyd’s family.  Not even a phone call from Trump.

The smug p***k finds it enjoyable to have the world calling him a c**t every five seconds on Twitter, but I'd imagine even he might flinch at the thought of hearing it in person from people he'd struggle to shine on and seem even remotely human by doing so.

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Similarly I think/hope that the international community of nations are looking to find an alternative to the US dollar dictating what happens in the world according to the whims of a bat shit crazy President and his sanctions and trade wars. Likewise with other institutions trying to do the right thing.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Similarly I think/hope that the international community of nations are looking to find an alternative to the US dollar dictating what happens in the world according to the whims of a bat shit crazy President and his sanctions and trade wars. Likewise with other institutions trying to do the right thing.

Can't wait until dorlomin reads this and has a meltdown over your capitulation to the Leninist dogs in Beijing

McEnany doubles down on Trump's utter bullshit conspiracy theory about Gugino saying he is asking "questions that need to be asked". Just when you think this administration couldn't get any more insane.

16 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Nothing he has done is as bad as Biden's crime bill or Iraq vote. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Nothing he has done is as bad as Biden's crime bill or Iraq vote. 

Agreed.  The Dems do have time to change course which is why I encourage as many words o warning now as possible.