Paintings

Bold Rover

6 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

You can't get too much Rembrandt, can you? Here's the Syndic de la Guilde des Drapiers, fine gentlemen all. With big hats.

image.jpg

Gay nights at the Paradiso must have been a bit dull before disco was invented.

Can't do much searching as I am in work but HR Gyger produced some masterful pieces. All very dark and many overtly sexual. He should probably have been locked up at a young age, for producing the work he done.

51 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Can't do much searching as I am in work but HR Gyger produced some masterful pieces. All very dark and many overtly sexual. He should probably have been locked up at a young age, for producing the work he done.

Is that the guy who designed the the creature the creature for 'Alien'?

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Is that the guy who designed the the creature the creature for 'Alien'?

It is, aye. There is a museum a few hours from me in a wee town called Gruyères, which I visited a few years ago. I only knew him for Alien at that point. Most of the stuff is along those lines, but some of it was just completely off the wall even by that sort of standard. The bar is an absolute masterpiece though.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Tbh I think you really need to see the full size original painting in Kelvingrove to appreciate the amount of detail in it.

Yes, I've seen it - when it used to be in GOMA. I have a biggish print of it in my living room!

3 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Do we like Avril Paton? Thistle supporters - Windows In The West?

image.jpg

I like these and the ones you see about the town

Always feel like a bit of a voyeur peeping in all the windows8)

It's a beautiful rendition of a classic Glasgow-style tenement. I don't know what it's supposed to "say" to me, and I don't really care. It's very pleasant to look at, and draws the eye in, craving more detail.

Edited by milton75

The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch

358b1d27b39b72af2e1a27bcbc952907.jpg

Iv just ordered a canvas print of that a 48" by 24" I saw it on a documentary a couple of days ago and there is somthing about it I just can't stop thinking about it no sure if it's the story behind it or what but it speaks to me, art, painting ect is somthing that's never intrested me untill I saw that and done some reading