Shaving

Romeo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cornerstone razors and shaving products are top notch. Has led to me shaving regularly for  the first time in years due to the lack of razor burn  

Nivea post-shave moisturising balm does a grand job, for me anyway.

3 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Been needing a new razor for a while, disposable been irritating. Ordered from Cornerstone after a couple of good reviews on here so hoping it's the bollocks!

Cornerstone packaging/presentation looks brilliant and I'm considering getting my 16 yo son some of their stuff for Christmas.  He's at that plooky, bum-fluff stage so having something 'nice' such as their face scrub and razor would be good.

Will you have 'NJ' engraved on your razor-handle?

I'm not convinced by a 5 blade razor, though.  I only tried it once when I bought a some disposables on a work trip when I left my washbag at home.  They clogged too easily and were fine for the first shave but useless thereafter.

Cornerstone packaging/presentation looks brilliant and I'm considering getting my 16 yo son some of their stuff for Christmas.  He's at that plooky, bum-fluff stage so having something 'nice' such as their face scrub and razor would be good.

Will you have 'NJ' engraved on your razor-handle?

I'm not convinced by a 5 blade razor, though.  I only tried it once when I bought a some disposables on a work trip when I left my washbag at home.  They clogged too easily and were fine for the first shave but useless thereafter.

I'd heard their adverts on podcasts and the like and it seems quite hassle free, just getting it bunged through the door to save me forgetting when in the shop. Hopefully the blades are decent, reviews seem good.
Of course I got my initials on it, despite living by myself I'm no risking some c**t stealing it!

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I havent used shaving foam in years. Clipper off the worst then shave in the shower.

Opinions may have been expressed about this habit...

On a related theme the best thing I did when I refurbished my flat was to install a heated mirror.  Step out of the shower and have a shave without condensation.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fully expected a volley of abuse for this. It is however by far the easiest way to shave irritation free

I also shave in the shower. It is much better because of the heat etc, but I still use shaving gel.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 07:17, BallochSonsFan said:

Merkur de razors are brilliant. Pair it up with the right blade and its a great shave. I'm using Personna blades right now and have been for the past couple of years. Some Proraso pre-shave cream, a decent soap or cream lathered with a badger brush and some Trumpers Skin Food to finish.

Far better than any barber hot towel shave. Unless you're paying top money for a traditional barber shave by a high class barber then it isnt worth it. Your local high st Turk or bandwagon-jumping Brit undoubtedly disappoints.

Same as this ,only difference is that I use Astra blades. Get them off ebay and it works out about tuppence ha'penny a shave. All that new shit is a massive con.

I also shave in the shower. It is much better because of the heat etc, but I still use shaving gel.

I also shave in the shower, don't use shower gel though, the Wilkinson Sword soap bowl lasts for ages, had mine about 9 months now.

Forgot to pick up foam/gel. Just covered my face with loads of hot water then just lathered up the old Imperial Leather on the chin, got a brand new blade on the razor and just went for it. Not too bad.a result. I use the Lidl's Cien Shark 5 blade razor. Does the job for me. 

Think I might get one of those Wilkinson soap bowls as a possible back up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got a light beard just now, but find it quite a hassle keeping it tidy. There always seems to be stray hairs that are longer, despite using a good beard trimmer. Is beard oil actually any good, especially for a light beard that's barely more than heavy stubble?

Archived