Shaving

Romeo

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I have a beard because I'm a yeti and, when I'm clean shaven, I look like I couldn't be arsed by the end of the day anyway. f**k that shit. I can also confirm that I'm definitely for the watching, for one reason or another.

I gave up on electric razors when I was a teenager, because I never found one that shaved close enough for my liking. Those 3/4-blade jobs do a decent job, and you don't need to be too careful with them. Last time I went back to one of the single-blade disposables, it was like a horror film, as I wasn't used to taking my time anymore. Think I'd probably nip to the turkish barbers every day if I was wealthy and idle, instead of being just idle.

Getting old is a hairy nightmare. My beard grows up to about a centimetre below my eyes these days, and is trying to join up with my hairline underneath my ears. They ought to warn you about this shit at school.

^^^BFTD:

Image result for teen wolf dad

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually do a wet every 2 or 3 days & I've got one of those ear/nose trimmers ffs hair removal is a bind of a 1st world problem.

Grimbo 

ETA the best shaving gel I'ce ever used & continue to use is the Nivea sensitive in a White tin, make sure to wet the face 1st mind.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Shaving is a complete and utter pain in that nads. I shave every 2nd day as I do not wish to grow a beard because people with beards are, as we all know, are worth a watching.

Is is possible to get a decent shave with an electric shaver? Does it even come close to a wet shave?

What are your thoughts on shaving?

You're shaving the wrong part of your anatomy.

Can't stand shaving. I wet shave but I've got a bit lazy lately so I'm shaving on average once every three days, meaning by the time I get round to shaving it's very rough and unpleasant to shave. I could shave every day but I just struggle to get the motivation.

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

A daily wet shave is one of life's great luxuries and pleasures, especially when you have time at the weekend.  

Like porridge followed by bacon and eggs for breakfast, it sets you up for the day.  

I shave every day unless I'm completely rushed and I couldn't agree more.

There's an art to it so if you do it regularly you get good at it.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I shave every day unless I'm completely rushed and I couldn't agree more.

There's an art to it so if you do it regularly you get good at it.

Yes, but what about the shaving?

I used to only use an electric shaver, but took the plunge and started wet shaving a couple of months ago. It feels so much better, but takes more time. At the moment I wet shave on a Saturday morning and then tidy up with the electric one a couple of times during the week.

On recommended blades, cornerstone is decent.

https://www.cornerstone.co.uk/7AND3147

Archived