General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Anyone played Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus? currently downloading from the game pass seems to have pretty solid reviews all round.
Played on Switch a few weeks ago. Wolfenstein is Wolfenstein, just a great laugh shoot 'em up. My only disappointment this time was you never got to get inside a big machine monster thing. You do get to ride on something but I won't say what.

Great fun though. I've never been disappointed with one of their titles.

Played on Switch a few weeks ago. Wolfenstein is Wolfenstein, just a great laugh shoot 'em up. My only disappointment this time was you never got to get inside a big machine monster thing. You do get to ride on something but I won't say what.

Great fun though. I've never been disappointed with one of their titles.
Yeah never played much Wolfenstein but this one does what it says on the tin, you run around shooting futuristic Nazis

On 27/04/2020 at 00:56, Busta Nut said:

Canny believe folk couldn't get into RDR2

It demands a commitment that took me a year to get around to properly but once it grabs a hold it doesn't up. What a game. I'm still thinking about it months later.

On 03/05/2020 at 11:30, Empty It said:

Anyone played Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus? currently downloading from the game pass seems to have pretty solid reviews all round.

It's fine. I would recommend playing it on lower difficulties as I don't find the framing of the power fantasy of slaughtering Nazis holds up when you're hiding and skulking around with 12 health constantly looking for health packs. The manual quick save option is great though especially for the bottleneck sections later on.

On 01/05/2020 at 15:39, Stellaboz said:

The best were 2 and Ezio's story. Genius and incredible game play.

Have you played the new ones? I enjoyed the Ezio trilogy and Black Flag but they blew the original lot away with Origins and Odyssey in terms of scope and gameplay basically when they looked at the Witcher 3 and said "what if we just make that but with decent combat?" Plus Bayek and Kassandra are great protags.

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Have you played the new ones? I enjoyed the Ezio trilogy and Black Flag but they blew the original lot away with Origins and Odyssey in terms of scope and gameplay basically when they looked at the Witcher 3 and said "what if we just make that but with decent combat?" Plus Bayek and Kassandra are great protags.

I haven't. I played 3 to a point (the Native American?) but got bored really quickly with it. Since then, just had no interest nor time to get involved with any more. 

On 01/05/2020 at 16:20, Empty It said:

Wrapped my xbox, isolation is getting to me I think.received_604450563493507.jpeg

The wee knob in the bottom right certainly looks impressed.

It demands a commitment that took me a year to get around to properly but once it grabs a hold it doesn't up. What a game. I'm still thinking about it months later.
That's a perfect description. I'm just starting chapter 4 and cant put it down now but I didn't play it for ages after playing through the early missions

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I haven't. I played 3 to a point (the Native American?) but got bored really quickly with it. Since then, just had no interest nor time to get involved with any more. 

I would recommend Origins and Odyssey but if you haven't got the time to get involved then maybe not as they're enormous time sinks. They're incredibly easy to pick up and play (particularly Odyssey) once you get used to the controls. They also jettisoned most of the present day stuff and any time you're forced to engage with it (maybe 3 times per game) you can be done with it inside 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:
11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

That's a perfect description. I'm just starting chapter 4 and cant put it down now but I didn't play it for ages after playing through the early missions

Aye I limped my way to Chapter 2 (maybe 3?) the first time I played then a year later just blasted through it in a month. Didn't play anything else til I finished it.

3 is the only AC game that I've started and put down. It just bored me, mainly the main character. Couldn't warm to him at all.

I've started Origins and it was incredible. Really what the franchise needed. As has been said though it takes time. You need to get your skill level up or you get mauled. I got to busy and haven't got back to it yet.

I once played an Assassin's Creed game, possibly the first one.

Thought at first it was decent. Then it cut to some bullshit in a lab and some nonsense about how you were actually controlling a guy in the future who was animating a guy in the past.

Switched it off and have never played it, or another Assassin's Creed game, since.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought at first it was decent. Then it cut to some bullshit in a lab and some nonsense about how you were actually controlling a guy in the future who was animating a guy in the past.

Switched it off and have never played it, or another Assassin's Creed game, since.

Exactly this :lol:

Finished the main God Of War story the other day. Fucking hell, man, I'm devastated that it's over; such a brilliant story sob.png

It might be the best game I've played on PS4 and one of my favourites of all time. Hadn't played any of the previous GOW games but adored every minute of this one. 

Edited by yoda

Assassins Creed was probably the worst one. It was obviously where it all began and was a good game but it was very repetitive. The story is one of the best things of AC and the lab is a big part of that.

One for PS4 owners. Xbox may get them as well. Does anyone ever get PM that start with some weird philosophical message and end up (if you respond) with a link to some sex chat website? Kind of freaks me out a bit that they actually respond and it isn't generic ones.

One for PS4 owners. Xbox may get them as well. Does anyone ever get PM that start with some weird philosophical message and end up (if you respond) with a link to some sex chat website? Kind of freaks me out a bit that they actually respond and it isn't generic ones.
Yip had a few over the years, wife always gives me a glance when they pop up, honest your honour I do not know this person [emoji23]