General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Was close to ditching it myself and just starting on 3, ended up doing the hanging off the ledge trick from YT. Just did the first 3 chapters of 3, seems good so far.
I stood next the flames and let him grab me. You punch him and he releases you. You then shoot the blue stuff. Do this for about 10 minutes and it defeats him. I must have beat him properly the first time around as I can't recall doing that.

I tried that method you're both talking about after seeing it on yt but the guy used to throw me away from that area after picking me up. 
Never experienced that. It still took me a couple of attempts. My problem was landing in the flames. There's actually a bit of a glitch as well doing it that way: if you end up right behind him absolutely nothing happens so I waited until the blue grew back and then moved to let him grab me.

FAO anyone who's went from 2 to 3 recently. Was Chloe Australian in 2? I thought she was supposed to be English but she is definitely Australian in this one. The lassie who plays her is from Oz so she maybe just couldnt be bothered in the 3rd [emoji38]

Think she was always Australian, although they added in her being half Indian for the last game pretty out of the blue because it suited the plot from what I remember?
Half Indian as in skin complexion? I thought he appearance was the same but her voice pretty different. I never noticed the Aussie twang in 2.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Rodhull said:
Think she was always Australian, although they added in her being half Indian for the last game pretty out of the blue because it suited the plot from what I remember?

Half Indian as in skin complexion? I thought he appearance was the same but her voice pretty different. I never noticed the Aussie twang in 2.

Her skin tone and facial model did change quite a bit between games but hard to tell if that was a conscious thing or just because of the change of technology over time.

Not that I had an issue with it but it did seem like a bit of a retcon for the character when they placed a fair bit of emphasis on her being half Indian in the last game because it was set there. Then again they never really explored much about her at all in the previous games.

Finished main story of Borderlands 3 now playing mayhem mode.
It's bonkers
And Johnny ultraviolent can bite my ass.
Realised after finally beating him that he was a level 57 boss and o was level 50. No fucking wonder

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Total War Shogun 2 is free to download and keep at the moment, offer ends early May (think it’s the 5th?).

How does it compare to the Rome games?

Always considered Shogun but whenever I looked up reviews etc., the maps seemed fairly small.

How does it compare to the Rome games?
Always considered Shogun but whenever I looked up reviews etc., the maps seemed fairly small.

I haven’t played the total war games since Rome 2 (less said about that one, the better). Went through the tutorial and it seems pretty good; I know it’s looked on very well by those who have played it, in terms of its place in the whole series. I like Japanese history is general so I’m happy with it so far. The fact it’s free to keep (and the dlc is vastly reduced in price) means it’s very good value to install and try it out.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

I haven’t played the total war games since Rome 2 (less said about that one, the better). Went through the tutorial and it seems pretty good; I know it’s looked on very well by those who have played it, in terms of its place in the whole series. I like Japanese history is general so I’m happy with it so far. The fact it’s free to keep (and the dlc is vastly reduced in price) means it’s very good value to install and try it out.

Yeah Rome 2 was a huge disappointment, even with recent patches.

Cheers 👍