General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Power Soccer '98 was the first football game I played on PlayStation. Absolutely awful. A lot of the time was spent trying to actually get possession of the ball. Both you and your opponent (if it wasn't AI) would be dancing around the ball. Absolutely mental. I remember '97 with the goal like bricks.

'98 did have an incredible opening scene for the time with a belter of a tune.

Always bugged me when playing a mate all they had to do was a predator (?) Shot and no matter what your goalie did you conceded.

Much preferred Mario strikers on the Wii when that came out. Brilliant arcade football game

Bought Red Dead 2 after several recommendations but just can't get into it at all, was the same with the first one, is there something I'm missing?
I bought it when it first came out and played it for about 4 or 5 hours and never been back to it. Felt it was all abit overwhelming to start with to be honest with having to put money to the camp and make sure you're wearing the right clothes for the weather etc.
I'm sure I'll get back to it one day and end up enjoying it massively but it didn't take me the first time round.

Nah not long out of it though, I will do my best to stick it out for a while
I found the snow very boring and the first camp as well for a large part. After that (when you basically go your own way) it just becomes an incredible game. The first few hours are basically an interactive tutorial on the game. It's beaten The Last of Us (which I love) as my favourite game. I know exactly how you are feeling the now because I felt the same way for a good while. Stick with it until you start to feel you know your way around. As was said above, it's very overwhelming to begin with.

Bought Red Dead 2 after several recommendations but just can't get into it at all, was the same with the first one, is there something I'm missing?

I slogged through the first two chapters when it first came out then put it away for a year as it wouldn’t click. Started it again around October, took my time with it which is absolutely what the game wants you to do and by December I’d completed it. It’s a great, great game but it demands a lot of time off of you. Tbh, quarantine might be the best time for it.

I bought it when it first came out and played it for about 4 or 5 hours and never been back to it. Felt it was all abit overwhelming to start with to be honest with having to put money to the camp and make sure you're wearing the right clothes for the weather etc.
I'm sure I'll get back to it one day and end up enjoying it massively but it didn't take me the first time round.
This.

Couldn't get into it at all

Got to chapter 3 and haven't played it in a long time.  Keep meaning to finish it off, a guy I know from Rockstar said just to stick to the main storyline but I cba with it really.  Will get round to it sometime.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

Got to chapter 3 and haven't played it in a long time.  Keep meaning to finish it off, a guy I know from Rockstar said just to stick to the main storyline but I cba with it really.  Will get round to it sometime.
I was/am so into it that the main story was way down the pecking order for me. I've spent literally hours trying to find birds and plants. It's just an ideal game for me.

47 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Im only on chapter 2 and have been picking up whatever missions I can.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
47 minutes ago, Boostin said:

I was/am so into it that the main story was way down the pecking order for me. I've spent literally hours trying to find birds and plants. It's just an ideal game for me.

Knowing that you're always right, I went back to this today. Im definitely getting more into it than before.

I have a few gripes though

- the lack of fast-travel, although Im currently trying to get enough money together to upgrade the camp
- the fact that you start somewhere different when you load a saved game
- its faaaar too easy to do things by mistake. My first foray into St Dennis - which is hugely impressive - and I accidentally ran over a woman on my horse and was wanted for murder!
- the control system for weapons/items is a pain. So many clicks just to change guns

Having said all that, the game is visually stunning. The scenery is amazing and the changes in atmosphere and visuals from the mountain terrain to the swamps and so on are fantastic. AS I said, St Dennis is jaw droppingly well done.

Theres definitely a fantastic game in there. Whether its on that everyone will actually enjoy or not, Im not so sure. Im going to persevere with it though

Knowing that you're always right, I went back to this today. Im definitely getting more into it than before.
I have a few gripes though
- the lack of fast-travel, although Im currently trying to get enough money together to upgrade the camp
- the fact that you start somewhere different when you load a saved game
- its faaaar too easy to do things by mistake. My first foray into St Dennis - which is hugely impressive - and I accidentally ran over a woman on my horse and was wanted for murder!
- the control system for weapons/items is a pain. So many clicks just to change guns
Having said all that, the game is visually stunning. The scenery is amazing and the changes in atmosphere and visuals from the mountain terrain to the swamps and so on are fantastic. AS I said, St Dennis is jaw droppingly well done.
Theres definitely a fantastic game in there. Whether its on that everyone will actually enjoy or not, Im not so sure. Im going to persevere with it though

Glad you're finally learning I'm always right...

Aye you really need to stick with it and I'd say play that exclusively because there are so many things you need to remember. The gripes you've listed are ones I had to begin with and was also of the view that I couldn't see how it was so highly rated. Fast travel is a ball ache early doors and you feel restricted somewhat. It's fine once you have the freedom. I stayed the hell away from St Denis until I was comfortable with the controls tbh. I probably said the same in the RDR thread. Genuinely, any time I went there I ended up dead or wanted. Absolutely stunning place mind you. Once you get your horse bonding right up you'll have a bit more control and won't knock in to people as much (when you're confident of the controls, I can't recommend finding the Arabian horse highly enough). The weapon reel will again be a breeze once you get familiarised.

I can't recall loading at new areas. I expect I've never noticed it because I usually jump in and roam anyway so where I restart from doesn't bother me.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Glad you're finally learning I'm always right...

Aye you really need to stick with it and I'd say play that exclusively because there are so many things you need to remember. The gripes you've listed are ones I had to begin with and was also of the view that I couldn't see how it was so highly rated. Fast travel is a ball ache early doors and you feel restricted somewhat. It's fine once you have the freedom. I stayed the hell away from St Denis until I was comfortable with the controls tbh. I probably said the same in the RDR thread. Genuinely, any time I went there I ended up dead or wanted. Absolutely stunning place mind you. Once you get your horse bonding right up you'll have a bit more control and won't knock in to people as much (when you're confident of the controls, I can't recommend finding the Arabian horse highly enough). The weapon reel will again be a breeze once you get familiarised.

I can't recall loading at new areas. I expect I've never noticed it because I usually jump in and roam anyway so where I restart from doesn't bother me.

I hadnt planned on going to St Dennis. I'd just finished one of the gunslinger side quests when a half dead guy went past on a horse. He fell off and I had to get him to the doctors in St Dennis - which is also why I was riding so fast through the town :lol:

You never restart that far away but its just annoying when you're not used to the area and are so used to Fallout/Skyrim where you start from the exact same point

I tried to enjoy RDR2 but I just couldn't quite get into it. Not to say its a bad game its just not hooked me in the way other Rockstar games have. The way I left it I had a wanted level in town which I had no way of paying and i'm probably still on the run!

That boss fight at the end of Uncharted 2 was nippy.  Just started the 3rd game now.
Aye I forgot about that! I ended up doing it the sneaky way because I was close to turning it off completely. Not long into 3 now myself. Forgot how good it was actually. Really enjoying it having just reached Serbia.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Boostin said:
That boss fight at the end of Uncharted 2 was nippy.  Just started the 3rd game now.

Aye I forgot about that! I ended up doing it the sneaky way because I was close to turning it off completely. Not long into 3 now myself. Forgot how good it was actually. Really enjoying it having just reached Serbia.

Was close to ditching it myself and just starting on 3, ended up doing the hanging off the ledge trick from YT. Just did the first 3 chapters of 3, seems good so far.