General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 3 weeks later...
Uncharted series free on the PS store right now. Are they worth playing and, if yes, should I start with the first one?

Yes, and yes.

Actually thought they got better as they went on, but I really enjoyed them all.

You’ll wonder how they can get so many mercenaries into a remote jungle clearing without some kind of mass transport system though.

On 17/04/2020 at 11:22, Saigon Raider said:

Uncharted series free on the PS store right now. Are they worth playing and, if yes, should I start with the first one?

Got the 1st 3 few months back from PS+ free and started playing last month when I heard 4 was free this month.  At the end of the 2nd  just nowthey're decent, bit dated now but they're getting on a bit from the original release dates.  You'll get through them quickly if you want to.

Can only echo what's been said. 1st one in particular is quite dated but still enjoyable. 2nd really ups the game and tbh I can't remember the 3rd too well but definitely enjoyed it. Some of the scenery is absolutely stunning.

4 is just an incredible experience and stunning viewing. It felt like an interactive film for me at times and it wraps up the franchise really well.

I paid for the collection and had no complaints (after I'd completed them on PS3), so for free it's a no brainer.

I'm sure the second Uncharted is relatively poor. 

From memory I really enjoyed the first, the second was a bit dull and repetitive and almost put me off playing the third, but I'm glad it didnt as its superb.

Dont think I got around the playing the fourth.

Just Cause 4 (PC) is free for the next week.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/just-cause-4/standard-edition

Worth pointing out that every PC gamer ought to download the Epic Games Launcher. It's had a lot of bad press for being an utterly shit service, and because Epic have been throwing investment money around like confetti to try and put everyone else out of business, but they've given away a shitload of quality games in the past year or so. I haven't bought anything from them, but I've still picked up about 50 games so far.

I'm sure the second Uncharted is relatively poor. 

From memory I really enjoyed the first, the second was a bit dull and repetitive and almost put me off playing the third, but I'm glad it didnt as its superb.

Dont think I got around the playing the fourth.

The 1st hasn't aged as well as the 2nd, though the 2nd is the second best game overall, regardless. If you've played the first 3 I'm astounded you haven't played 4 yet. It's an outstanding game. Visually stunning,great story and really good gameplay.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The 1st hasn't aged as well as the 2nd, though the 2nd is the second best game overall, regardless. If you've played the first 3 I'm astounded you haven't played 4 yet. It's an outstanding game. Visually stunning,great story and really good gameplay.

Maybe I've got 1 and 2 mixed up? Sure I got all 3 as part of a deal for buying the PS4 so it was years ago.

Not sure if I even have 4.

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I've just bought a ps4 off a colleague just to play FF7 remake and an occasional game of Fifa. Can't fucking wait to get stuck back into Midgar.

Please let me know about your feelings on it.

Maybe I've got 1 and 2 mixed up? Sure I got all 3 as part of a deal for buying the PS4 so it was years ago.
Not sure if I even have 4.
It's all subjective of course but I thought 2 was vastly better so I'd predict you have. 4 is a wonderful game and I think it's free just now for PS Plus members. Still a bargain at £15.99 though.

I'm very late to the party on this one but I've been playing God Of War on the PS4 lately. Just reached the summit of the Mountain (so maybe still in the first third of the game?) and I'm still getting to grips with the skill trees and the the armour upgrades. It's the best thing I've played on the PS4 though. It looks absolutely gorgeous in places; Alfheim was jaw-dropping to look at. 

The relationship between Kratos and Atreus is just so touching at times, man sob.png

Uncharted 1 is total garage but its alright because the rest are good
Is that slang for something or did you mean to say garbage? Either way, the first one was an excellent game. It just hasn't aged as well. I played it about a year after it was released and it was superb. The scenery and some of the climbing parts were incredible. We've come a long way since then so it doesn't look as good now. Though still a decent play. I'm currently making my way through it just now because of all the talk on here [emoji38]