General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A question for Xbox owners. Been PS since 360 so am now clueless. Looking at getting an Xbox for the eldest as she keeps going on about this Roblox. I'll probably get fired into Game Pass titles tbh but PS5 will be my go to for my main games. I assume it's just as well me going for an S(?) series rather than the latest console and does a Yearly Live pass give you access to the Game Pass catalogue or are they two separate things? 

I've no interest in online gaming and she only plays Fortnite 'online'. 

Series S is absolutely fine for what you’re looking for. Great piece of kit as well for the price. Game Pass ultimate for the year and you’re sorted for access to all the game pass games and streaming games from the cloud as well. Series X would be overkill if your young one only plays Fortnite and games like that. 

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I didn't, think I just forgot too much about what I had 'learned' and all that and put it back down. I was enjoying to begin with but I'm bitter as f**k so a game where you basically have to die a good few times to complete is asking for an aneurysm :lol:

Was planning on doing the same as you, a wee Google to point me to the ending to get it done without the dying to learn things.

Aye I get that fully, if you didn't buy the game with that already in mind it's gonna be a struggle! I made the mistake of playing that and Returnal at the same time which also does the die and return to the beginning stuff. I think Deathloop does it well, can't remember how far in but you essentially don't have to redo each day at all you just choose different areas to go to at different time zones. Deffo would recommend giving it another shot if you're ever bored and have the time, good ending which is rare in a lotta games!

Can't seem to find an elden ring thread so will drop in here.... 

How solid is this game!!! 

First time playing this format so took a wee bit of getting used to but I've plowed a good 20 hours in to it and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Should I just wander about randomly until I am at a decent enough level to go for Margit? Stuck with the twin blade and a load of ashes of war that don't actually improve it either. 

Great game but I'm getting nowhere fast. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

On 21/04/2023 at 18:05, RuMoore said:

Aye I get that fully, if you didn't buy the game with that already in mind it's gonna be a struggle! I made the mistake of playing that and Returnal at the same time which also does the die and return to the beginning stuff. I think Deathloop does it well, can't remember how far in but you essentially don't have to redo each day at all you just choose different areas to go to at different time zones. Deffo would recommend giving it another shot if you're ever bored and have the time, good ending which is rare in a lotta games!

Picked Deathloop up again over the weekend, didn't actually realise there were a load of leads to follow that help you learn :1eye I really thought it just chucked you into the world to figure it all out yourself :lol:

Much more enjoyable when you actually play the game properly, who knew

22 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

First time playing this format so took a wee bit of getting used to but I've plowed a good 20 hours in to it and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Should I just wander about randomly until I am at a decent enough level to go for Margit? Stuck with the twin blade and a load of ashes of war that don't actually improve it either. 

Amazing game. Take your time, explore everywhere. Dying isn’t a punishment, just a learning opportunity. Have fun with it, it’s one of the best games ever made. 

20 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Amazing game. Take your time, explore everywhere. Dying isn’t a punishment, just a learning opportunity. Have fun with it, it’s one of the best games ever made. 

Feels like a punishment if I don't manage to collect my dropped haul of runes before dying again mind you. I'm doing a lot of running away at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Feels like a punishment if I don't manage to collect my dropped haul of runes before dying again mind you. I'm doing a lot of running away at the moment. 

All depends on what area you are in. Eventually runes won’t matter, if you’re still just at the starting area, avoid the tree sentinel and go try and get your horse. It’s north east from the starting area, you have to go through a lightly guarded forest and stronghold to get to the “bonfire”. Like I said; running away is fine, you are allowed to do that. Fight who you want and if they are too hard then just bugger off. Don’t go to Caelid (you’ll know just by looking at the area) until you are a decent level. 

23 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Finally started MGS5 yesterday. Only played couple of hours and I barely scratched the start but it seems a cracker. Controls are weird AF though. 

Controls are a bit jank but gameplay is top notch, best in the MG series by far. Story drags it down a bit though. Try different methods of taking out guards (you have a lot at your disposal eventually). Missions rankings really depend on time to complete and how many are killed, not really “stealth” aspects, although no trace bonuses do exist. 

48 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

All depends on what area you are in. Eventually runes won’t matter, if you’re still just at the starting area, avoid the tree sentinel and go try and get your horse. It’s north east from the starting area, you have to go through a lightly guarded forest and stronghold to get to the “bonfire”. Like I said; running away is fine, you are allowed to do that. Fight who you want and if they are too hard then just bugger off. Don’t go to Caelid (you’ll know just by looking at the area) until you are a decent level. 

I've done all the caves and in limgrave I think (not done the dragon in agheells lake) , got torrent, done the fort for Kenneth, been up to gates for the academy, just felt I haven't really got far, still killed very easily. Will just keep at it until I'm ready to face Margit I think. Got the thing from patches as well for Margit but even with that and help from the wolves and samurai he just wipes me out. Same with any boss underground from the caterpillar things. Patience will be key I think. 

9 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Picked Deathloop up again over the weekend, didn't actually realise there were a load of leads to follow that help you learn :1eye I really thought it just chucked you into the world to figure it all out yourself :lol:

Much more enjoyable when you actually play the game properly, who knew

Ahah I didn't wanna say the menu tells you at first coz I thought you already knew that 😂

Lemmie know how you get on or if you need any tips. 

Not gonna lie I did shithouse a lot of the hard moments, I think following every lead by the book was too technical for me.

On 25/04/2023 at 14:48, Stellaboz said:

Finally started MGS5 yesterday. Only played couple of hours and I barely scratched the start but it seems a cracker. Controls are weird AF though. 

I'm currently playing back through it after a while away.  It really did a lot of things so, so well in the way that Kojima often does...but then got a few things wrong in, well, the way Kojima often does.  Really got fucked over with all the stuff happening with Konami at the time too.

Still, wonderful wee game.

I have been absolutely lost for the last month or so now in Valheim, it is an absolutely fantastic wee game.

Got a single player save on the go as well as one with a couple of mates that I play almost daily now. Whether I want to have a bit of intensity and take on a few hoardes of monsters while gathering resources, or just relax and build or farm at my base, it's giving me everything I need right now.

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Has anyone tried increasing the memory in their PS5?

I've got all the kit ready to go and watched the videos, but just wondering if it is as easy as it looks?

Like smooth apple pie. Just make sure you get the screws threaded back correctly.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Like smooth apple pie. Just make sure you get the screws threaded back correctly.

Make sure you put the panel back on as well, as some dafties thought keeping it off would keep it cool, when it in fact the design of the panel keeps it cool itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I should give a shout out to this fantastic game that has eaten months of my free time over the past couple of years -

Starsector

https://fractalsoftworks.com/

Don't know if it's been mentioned on P&B before, but anyone who is remotely interested in Space trading/combat/colony building should give it a look. It's one of those one man solo Dev things that's been a labour of love for 10+ years, but it's already far more than a complete game. Modding community is huge, updates are frequent, and there's plenty of content to enable multiple open-ended playthroughs of even just the vanilla version. Well worth the money.