General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Could she have maybe bought something thinking it was a one time thing, but it was a recurring payment

Haven't a clue about roblox though so could be miles off here

Possibly. I should really have looked into it in more detail in regards to purchasing. But anything she ever showed me was like a screen and you buy shite like hats etc. and quickly looking it was a one off payment. 

Got her some more for xmas but will be uploading £10 at a time from here on in. Haven't had any actual money stolen at least. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Possibly. I should really have looked into it in more detail in regards to purchasing. But anything she ever showed me was like a screen and you buy shite like hats etc. and quickly looking it was a one off payment. 

Got her some more for xmas but will be uploading £10 at a time from here on in. Haven't had any actual money stolen at least. 

I take it on Roblox there isnt a purchase history or anything, if you bought ingame currency even if she was hacked all they could do is buy stuff for her character unless im completely miles off with the game 

When i was hacked on fifa last year the person essentially opened all my packs and spent all my coins, but all the stuff stayed in my team 

What platform does she play on? 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

I take it on Roblox there isnt a purchase history or anything, if you bought ingame currency even if she was hacked all they could do is buy stuff for her character unless im completely miles off with the game 

When i was hacked on fifa last year the person essentially opened all my packs and spent all my coins, but all the stuff stayed in my team 

What platform does she play on? 

I can't mind how I bought them. I'll try and see if I can find purchase history. 

Xbox, which I have little to no clue how to navigate around tbh :lol:

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't mind how I bought them. I'll try and see if I can find purchase history. 

Lol, she might also use an app for the game (again just guessing) and its the app thats been hacked (as was with me and fifa) as ita easier to guess a username and password than hack a console

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you're able to log in to her account then this page should reveal the mystery: https://www.roblox.com/transactions

It'll have an option to select "Type of Transaction", if you select "Purchases" all of the account's in-game spending should  be there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 17:57, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm a bit late to this, but what did you get?

Thrustmaster T300RS GT version. Pretty happy. Like you I would prefer a different wheel mod to do much open wheel racing though.

I've been watching theRadBrad on YouTube doing a playthrough of Avatar - Frontiers Of Pandora and he's impressed after not expecting to be. The game reminds is very very like a Far Cry its been commented on quite a few times, its not bad at all in comparison. The next gen graphics on Frontiers of Pandora are amazing, brilliant, so much detail and colour.

Not a fan of Avatar though but I do like Far Cry games, but also then you know now what you are getting in gameplay and in story with Ubisoft games. If you liked Far Cry Primal this would be a good game for you. So maybe I might buy this, but once the price goes down.

Best thing is you don't get attacked by Pandora bullet sponge honey badgers unless they are hiding away until near the end of the game, a boss level end battle, you against thousands of them ???

My post xmas impulse buy is the new steamdeck. I had a shot of the first model a year or so ago and was well impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody actually use game for anything other than buying physical stuff (no, not games) anymore?

You never ever see a child walking out past you, Mario Kart in hand, dancing off into the sunset knowing he's got hours of happiness ahead of them, while their ma/da follow behind with a face of realisation that they may never see their child again.

If not that magic, and not trade-ins, is it truly Game?

Spoiler

Personally I think we should ban digital games just for the nostalgia factor solely.

Yes, I will hate this.

Yes, so will everyone.

Yes, it will cause many more hours to be lost staring at the wall of games deciding which one you want.

But when Game was big, the world was so peaceful and innocent. It's the key!

20 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Does anybody actually use game for anything other than buying physical stuff (no, not games) anymore?

You never ever see a child walking out past you, Mario Kart in hand, dancing off into the sunset knowing he's got hours of happiness ahead of them, while their ma/da follow behind with a face of realisation that they may never see their child again.

If not that magic, and not trade-ins, is it truly Game?

Reveal hidden contents

Personally I think we should ban digital games just for the nostalgia factor solely.

Yes, I will hate this.

Yes, so will everyone.

Yes, it will cause many more hours to be lost staring at the wall of games deciding which one you want.

But when Game was big, the world was so peaceful and innocent. It's the key!

When I was about 11 or something I took a PSP game in to trade in, Wipeout Pure I think it was, played it once and just wasn't for me so went to trade it in and use the gift card to get something different. The lassie snapped it when trying to get it out the case then proceeded to tell me they can't accept it because it's broke.

I'm bitter and stubborn as f**k and don't think I've bought anything from Game since, all because of one wee c**t mugging off an eleven year old. Hope she's had a shite life.

Yeah thinking about it I'm not sure I've even been in a Game store since around the time Ashley took over. Must just be a matter of time before they shut down surely?

You hardly ever even see them mentioned online as having good deals, I think the last time I did see a deal with them they tried to charge a fiver for postage or something like that.

In the rare instance I bother trading anything in nowadays I pretty much just use CEX and don't even think of heading into town to check Game out.

Mind when Game had a Dream cast to play in store in Dunfermline whenever I was dragged shopping. Was highlight of my day if I managed to get a shot. 

Something really enjoyable looking at all the covers though and reading the descriptions physically on the back. 

I joined the PC master-race circa 2000, and I don't think I've set foot in a Game, HMV, CEX, or any independent gaming shop since.

Don't miss trading-in CD/DVD Roms, getting home with the new games, only to find the paper manuals covered in coffee rings and full of pubes. 🤢

Edited by Boo Khaki

The only game I ever traded in ever in my life was GTA 4, and even that was because Rockstar scumbags released a game that simply did not run on gen one 360s and refused to acknowledge the issue.

Its something I never got the appeal of. I would much rather keep all my games for the memories and nostalgia purposes, surely they are much more valuable than a tenner you spent 15 years ago? I have all my consoles and games all the way back to the late 90s. My dad tried to sell my N64 to someone in his work a few years back and was told he could f**k right off, despite me not having turned the thing on in 20 years.

After not turning my xbox on for months and not purchasing a new game for over a year, I've went out and bought Tekken 8 for £24 from CDKeys (would I f**k be paying £50+) and after watching some before you buy videos I'm fairly excited about this, Tekken has probably been the one franchise I've bought every game and never get bored of.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The top row are the things that modern devs do as a hobby now while spending 80+ hours a week doing the bottom row for EA. Talk about ubermensch.