General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

You still running Windows '65?

My vacuum tube rig does everything I need it to. These modern transistors are just a fad.

When i played GTAV at first there was a multiplayer lobby with about 6 options on screen for what was coming next and i think you could vote for what you wanted. Races etc...

How do i get to that screen?  Whenever i do online its just wandering around.

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Ps store has AC Valhalla and Immortals Fenyx Rising bundle for 22 quid

Has anyone played either game and thinks it's a worthy deal? 

Played them both. Enjoyed Fenyx rising quite a bit but I saw a lot of people saying it was a bit of a Zelda-lite ripoff but I haven’t played a lot of the Zelda games to compare. Valhalla is pretty solid, there’s a lot of content in it. I think Origins and Odyssey in particular are better recent AC games but that’s not to say Valhalla doesn’t have its moments too. £22 seems decent value to me.

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Played them both. Enjoyed Fenyx rising quite a bit but I saw a lot of people saying it was a bit of a Zelda-lite ripoff but I haven’t played a lot of the Zelda games to compare. Valhalla is pretty solid, there’s a lot of content in it. I think Origins and Odyssey in particular are better recent AC games but that’s not to say Valhalla doesn’t have its moments too. £22 seems decent value to me.

Cheers, both games on their own is 111 quid so 22 is probably a bargain even if you end up just dipping in and out of them

Got GotG last night for 13 quid, probs buy the bundle and then march 14th the original battlefront and battlefront 2 is released as a double pack, 

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Ps store has AC Valhalla and Immortals Fenyx Rising bundle for 22 quid

Has anyone played either game and thinks it's a worthy deal? 

Massive fan of AC Valhalla but admittedly I'm a sucker for Viking type content. 

I thought it was much better than the previous two but I suppose you're only going to like it if you're a fan of the newer rpg style games. 

Valhalla is worth picking up, it's decent but long, and it feels like a drag at times. Which I didn't expect to happen, as I love Norse mythology related stuff.
As @Rodhull mentioned, Origins and Odyssey are better, but I think, for Odyssey in particular, that might be because the scenery is absolutely gorgeous

I've been playing through the Uncharted series while I wait on FF7R2. Finished the third one last night and going to start 4 tonight.

What a brilliant series it is.

7 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

BF2 Mos Eisley see me there. 

I actually preferred the space battles, landing a troop transporter on the enemy ship and spawning troopers and taking the ship down from inside was absolute class

BF 2 on the ps2 is what BF2 on the ps4 should have been, infact all they had to do was do the game in ps4 graphics and absolutely not touch another fucking thing and it would have made an absolute killing for them

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection on PS5 yesterday.

Got a refund today after using Sony's support online.

I cannot fathom how they managed to make such an arse of it. I did not even try online play. What was especially apparaent was that the aim sensitivity in Battlefront 2 is utterly fecked. Even at highest setting the camera and aim felt like moving a Star Destroyer or a 747.

I can fully understand the absolute pelters it is getting.