50 Greatest Games of all time - P&B decides

Dindeleux

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I don't get why VC, SA and V couldn't all get into a top 10 list if so desired. None are direct sequels and all stand alone as their own game. I mean you wouldn't discount one Final Fantasy game because you loved another, would you?

I can completely understand this concept with direct follow ons or yearly shite like COD.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I feel the same about the gritty and mainly humourless GTAIV

I kinda felt like this on first playthrough on PS3, but I gave it another go when I got it on PC and atually enjoyed it a lot. The driving was a real pain in it though.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I feel the same about the gritty and mainly humourless GTAIV

I really enjoyed 4 even though it probably was lacking humour.  I liked the initial bit where you deal with his cousin and then the other characters.  I think 4 landed so well with me as it was quite a change graphics wise from San Andreas (and it felt like that).  Also the new addition with drunk driving was pretty good.

5 though had some memorable characters but I found it a bit boring - so boring in fact that I've not even finished it.  Lamar especially I got fed up with.

One game I have added to my list that I haven't seen anyone else nominate was Fight Night Round 3.  Great game engine and I spent many hours with my mates playing this.  Some games on my list are due to overall experience but a couple are due to simply great memories of playing with others.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Forgot about that one. When I was drilling Joe Fraziers special hook to the body I was unstoppable.

My mate had the game originally and he knew how to do the special punch that put you into the "front facing" view where one more punch would knock you down.  He was very good at the game anyway but with this addition he was unbeatable and we would all just make it through a couple of rounds before eventually getting TKO'D.  This was possibly around the age of 21/22 and we would spend full weekends in his house just playing "winner stays on" and he would dominate a good few of us.

Anyway I eventually went and bought the game but didn't tell anyone this and I would practice and practice secretly.  I still couldn't master the big punch but knew how to avoid it (just don't throw any haymakers basically) and I went 12 glorious rounds with him as Ali and me as Frazier before I knocked him out with about 30 seconds to go.  It was a glorious day with a few people cheering me on - one of my fondest game memories.

Another one for me that I believe only I have on my list - so I will talk about it - is Rainbow 6 Vegas.  The original one.  I thought that both offline and online this was one of the greatest games ever made. 

When making my list I decided to log onto my Xbox online just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  Not sure how well it will come across as I'm attempting a C+P job but here is every game I've installed onto my 360/Xboxone

Can't get the very bottom game to copy which was BIGS2 for 360 which was also a game I had a lot of fun with.  You'll see from my achievement %'s that I get very bored of some games very easily.

Recently played

17 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

5 though had some memorable characters but I found it a bit boring - so boring in fact that I've not even finished it.  Lamar especially I got fed up with.

I highly recommend you finish the game

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

I highly recommend you finish the game

I am currently trying to discipline myself not to buy any more games until I finish the following:

• GTA 5
  • Doom
  • Alien Isolation
  • Farcry 4

Not really going too well to be honest, can't stop buying whatever comes out next.

13 hours ago, GiGi said:

Witcher 3 is the best single game player ever in just about every department...

13 hours ago, Mr X said:

Oh, my .. no.

Heres my list.

1. Skyrim (PC)

:lol: Thought you were going to bust out a Zelda game or something.

I lost patience with these kinds of games years ago tbf. Walk around some giant map on some meh main quest for some c***s you've no reason to give a toss for, get persistently harassed along the way by arseholes wanting you to rescue their dog from a dungeon / find a lost shoe on inane side-quests, spend half the game on inventory management, or worse roaming the countryside searching for fucking herbs and mushrooms for tedious potion-making. On top of it all having to manage overly-complex skill/trait build trees.

Lasted about two hours on Fallout 3, gave up on Skyrim about an hour in, and didn't even make it to the end of the 'tutorial' part of Witcher 2.

Spoiler

The gamer part of me can't help but want to try Witcher 3 now though :whistle

14 hours ago, banana said:

:lol: Thought you were going to bust out a Zelda game or something.

I lost patience with these kinds of games years ago tbf. Walk around some giant map on some meh main quest for some c***s you've no reason to give a toss for, get persistently harassed along the way by arseholes wanting you to rescue their dog from a dungeon / find a lost shoe on inane side-quests, spend half the game on inventory management, or worse roaming the countryside searching for fucking herbs and mushrooms for tedious potion-making. On top of it all having to manage overly-complex skill/trait build trees.

Lasted about two hours on Fallout 3, gave up on Skyrim about an hour in, and didn't even make it to the end of the 'tutorial' part of Witcher 2.

Reveal hidden contents

The gamer part of me can't help but want to try Witcher 3 now though :whistle

@Dindeleux cancel bananas votes

I did put Ocarina 3rd. To be honest, my top 3 could have been in any order really. They're all games that I spent a lot of time playing over the years. 

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

@Dindeleux cancel bananas votes

I did put Ocarina 3rd. To be honest, my top 3 could have been in any order really. They're all games that I spent a lot of time playing over the years. 

couldnt get into the zelda games n64 onwards, i could easily play a link to the past over and over and over again along with links awakening, absolutely awesome games

Don't ever EVER ever run a thread similar to this, you will find a new hatred for some posters who you previously liked. You would be surprised at how many people can't just follow a simple request to provide a top 10 games in order.

Not in front of my computer at the moment but we've had around another 30 unique entries since my last update. I did start to do some totalling up and it looks as if 15 points will be the bench mark to make the top 50*

*the top 50 is now turning into a top 54 due a few games being tied on the same points.

Have just realised that I switch broadband provider on the 6th December and as such there might be a wee lull for a couple of days but shouldn't be too bad.

Hoping I haven't fucked anything up but I'm confident that's not the case and will do some extra double checking today.

Less than 10 points separate the top 3 at present.

Polls close at 12 noon Monday.

The only post 64 Zelda I got into and finished was twilight princess, I took windwalker back the day I got it as I hate the art style

I can't stand twilight princess. Only Zelda game I thought was truly awful. It was just so empty and dark. Didn't get the fuss over it. Wind Waker was a far far better game in my opinion. Still think Link to the Past or Ocarina are the best but that may by nostalgia talking.

Archived