Juniors in the big Scottish do we deserve to be there?

Dipple burn

7 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Your last paragraph sums it up my friend. "SFA" ?

I'm not having a go at the administration though. On matters like this the sfa is the sum of its members and that leads to stalemate pretty quickly. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linlithgow Rose played Wick Academy in the same rd as yourselves last season on a Tues evening 7:30pm kick off (not a Sat at 3pm), & had an attendance of 1982. Bonnyrigg V's Dumbarton last Sat & Beith V's Morton on Sat there had by a vast amount in both these matches compared with any other ties played on either Sat. It seems the juniors have "joe paying public" prepared to come out in their droves to support their favourites. Justifies inclusion in the National Trophy & earns the senior clubs a tidy pay day that they're not in the habit of receiving.

9 hours ago, wintonfan said:

saying junior clubs shouldn't play in the big Scottish cup because there might be a difference in class or the junior team might get gubbed is like saying Scottish teams shouldn't be playing in the champions or Europa league for exactly the same reason

They wouldn't be allowed as they aren't prepared join the pyramid. They can't have their cake and eat it. 

Beith have certainly earned the right to play in The Scottish Cup.
Spartans knocked Morton out of the cup 2 years ago and East Kilbride reached the last 16 last year.
Are the top junior teams any worse? Certainly not!
It's simply a case of how the team performs on the day. You only need to look at the example of a lower league team such as Wishaw who knocked Cumnock out of the Junior Cup in the earlier stages of the competition.

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who in the championship do Pollok average more than? Give us a laugh. 

Read my post again. I was talking about individual games not averages (as far as the Championship is concerned anyway) but I'm confident Lok's average home gate exceeds that of several Div2, maybe Div1 clubs

13 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Auchinleck hanmered pollok 4-0 at the weekend and by all reports it was 4 going on much more. 

Does this mean that last seasons beaten junior cup finalists In pollok shouldn't be in the junior cup? 

Yes, they just got knocked out. :P

12 minutes ago, archieb said:

Read my post again. I was talking about individual games not averages (as far as the Championship is concerned anyway) but I'm confident Lok's average home gate exceeds that of several Div2, maybe Div1 clubs

See my previous post. Cmontheloknow has covered it in detail too in the past... At their peak Pollok were averaging more than several SPFL clubs but last season it had slipped back to a range which on last season's figures would take in East Stirlingshire and perhaps Berwick and Annan.

Last season no-one in SPFL1 averaged under 500 and only Stranraer averaged under 550.

If you're using peaks, not averages, then no-one in SPFL1 had a peak league crowd under 1,200.

Aside from that the only other realistic question was whether Clydebank - who like Pollok used to publish exact figures but have also stopped, IIRC - exceeded East Stirlingshire.

We therefore come back to the point made before. Literally 1 or 2 Junior clubs might average more than literally 1 or 2 SPFL clubs.

All junior clubs.

You're not often right but you're wrong again.

There was around 1200 at the Talbot/Pollok game on Saturday and the previous week the Pollok/Talbot game had the 8th biggest crowd in Scottish football.

Your team is pish, your support is pish and you talk utter shite.

Offt 1 game, well done :lol:

Our support is shite, but its a lot better than the wee junior outfits.

You are no better or bigger than a top junior club whatsoever.
You never answered the question, were you at your teams game on Saturday or did you spend all day on the Junior forum?

Better and bigger seeing as no junior team has been able to beat us.

And aye I was at our game on saturday, into the next round of the big cup. How did Talbot get on again?

Better and bigger seeing as no junior team has been able to beat us.

And aye I was at our game on saturday, into the next round of the big cup. How did Talbot get on again?

At the weekend they gubbed Pollok 4-0

This clown JakeSAFC comes into the forum to gloat everything a juniors team gets beat by a senior team.

As his very own team are teetering on the edge of their own league they may find themselves playing juniors teams more often in the future at the preliminary stages of the Scottish cup.

It'll be interesting to see how big they are then [emoji41]

Talbot won 4-0.[emoji2]

When was the last time you reached the latter stages of any cup?

What have you won?

Is the capacity of your stadium bigger than Talbots.

We have 7 major honours and we play in a much better level than yours.

You really are making a tit of yourself on here and on the other thread. I suggest you log off and stay off for a while, its clear you're an angry man with a severe lack of brain cells.

Ps- the so called amazing juniors have never beaten "pishy" Stirling :lol:

Archived