LLLLLL V LLLLLL (Qos v St Mirren)

Queens were really excellent in Paisley earlier in the season. Surprised to see they've gone so far downhill since then.

I like Queens, good club and good fans. 

As for us, season starts now. Need to keep the momentum going on Saturday and into the new year.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, shieldhillsmithy said:

Losing to St Maureen :lol:

Actually, genuinely, seriously losing a league game to the 2016/17 St Maureen side :lol::lol::lol: 

St.Maureen is rank patter on a toe curling scale.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Click on the "Gallery" tab if reading the report is too painful!

Never mind that baldy, are you publishing the video highlights, that's the question we need answers to!

In the second half when you see big slow lumps like Pickard and Brownlie on opposite flanks it really is grim viewing. Thought Hamill was good in the centre of midfield but if this means Brownlie has to be right back then Im totally against the idea. Seriously what on earth was going on putting Pickard on the wing. He looks slow and lost alot of the time in the centre so to expect him to flourish in that position defied belief. St Mirren have been on a shocking run but at least it looks like they have a purpose. They are doing a great job developing their youngsters like McAllister, Morgan, Mallan and in particular Magennis. Even if results are inconsistent they are doing good for the Scottish game in terms of player development. They also surprisingly played a fast paced vibrant band of football which would suggest Jack Ross is starting to have a positive influence on them. Hopefully Naysmith can put his own stamp on the team in time. Would be harsh to really judge him until after January. As has been said our academy doesnt seem to have the same quality of player coming through and the 1992 and 93 boys  look like being a one off. At least for the immediate future.

In the second half when you see big slow lumps like Pickard and Brownlie on opposite flanks it really is grim viewing. Thought Hamill was good in the centre of midfield but if this means Brownlie has to be right back then Im totally against the idea. Seriously what on earth was going on putting Pickard on the wing. He looks slow and lost alot of the time in the centre so to expect him to flourish in that position defied belief. St Mirren have been on a shocking run but at least it looks like they have a purpose. They are doing a great job developing their youngsters like McAllister, Morgan, Mallan and in particular Magennis. Even if results are inconsistent they are doing good for the Scottish game in terms of player development. They also surprisingly played a fast paced vibrant band of football which would suggest Jack Ross is starting to have a positive influence on them. Hopefully Naysmith can put his own stamp on the team in time. Would be harsh to really judge him until after January. As has been said our academy doesnt seem to have the same quality of player coming through and the 1992 and 93 boys  look like being a one off. At least for the immediate future.

Our results have been very consistent, until last night at least.

4 hours ago, shieldhillsmithy said:

Losing to St Maureen :lol:

Actually, genuinely, seriously losing a league game to the 2016/17 St Maureen side :lol::lol::lol: 

Yep that's right so it looks like we have hit rock bottom, meaning the only way is up 

can I just ad the st mirren have got the most arrogant and smug looking manager I've glad the displeasure of seeing ,

Saw him blowing a kiss to one of the queens supporters at the end of the match followed by a slimy looking smile while nodding his head, A little too unprofessional for my liking.

I cannot understand why Anderson who probably the fittest player in the side is continually substituted and has been by all 3 in charge.

The side  are missing energy in the midfield at the moment with hilson  out and latterly Jacobs .

could  do a lot worse than trying Anderson  into the midfield for  his fitness alone.

Every side weve been beaten  off have energetic forward thinking midfielders, where ours are immobile and seem to be happy playing balls sideways and backward

i noticed Danny had a great run through the middle on Saturday  another who be effective through the middle when fully fit.

Another  thing that surprises me is that Robinson consistently plays the ball out wide  onto the head  of Anderson or Dykes and yet very rarely anyone gets the knock on, surely someone could gamble and make a run and take advantage of this .

a couple upof 

1 hour ago, Besty said:

I cannot understand why Anderson who probably the fittest player in the side is continually substituted and has been by all 3 in charge.

The side  are missing energy in the midfield at the moment with hilson  out and latterly Jacobs .

could  do a lot worse than trying Anderson  into the midfield for  his fitness alone.

Every side weve been beaten  off have energetic forward thinking midfielders, where ours are immobile and seem to be happy playing balls sideways and backward

i noticed Danny had a great run through the middle on Saturday  another who be effective through the middle when fully fit.

Another  thing that surprises me is that Robinson consistently plays the ball out wide  onto the head  of Anderson or Dykes and yet very rarely anyone gets the knock on, surely someone could gamble and make a run and take advantage of this .

a couple upof 

We have some of these?!:blink:

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He almost scored tbf. I'm not saying he played well but to say he cost us the game is beyond ridiculous.

Pickard should not be anywhere near the 1st team.

Say it yourself he AlMOST  scored not good enough.

He has nothing to give the team.

How many games have Queens won when he has started a game ?

Naysmith has a huge job in the next 4 games will be amazed if we get anything with this squad.

Need at least 4 good experienced players in Jan time for the board to back Naysmith or we well end up going down.

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Need at least 4 good experienced players in Jan time for the board to back Naysmith or we well end up going down.

You already spent all your money on shite in the summer and have already been papped out of all the cups. Hard lines then IMO. 

584899989a8ee_06121640lastminutedelightforsaints.thumb.jpg.29186e431a622356ecdae4e860f521a9.jpg

Surprised he wasn't joining in. I sure as hell would have been.

Pickard should not be anywhere near the 1st team.

Say it yourself he AlMOST  scored not good enough.

He has nothing to give the team.

How many games have Queens won when he has started a game ?

Naysmith has a huge job in the next 4 games will be amazed if we get anything with this squad.

Who's the alternative? We don't have the luxury of 3/4 good midfielders. For a club like ours we need to persist with our young players. Again, see McShane. We can't have it on one hand "We need to develop our youngsters" and on the other hand give up on youngsters if they don't hit the ground running.

You already spent all your money on shite in the summer and have already been papped out of all the cups. Hard lines then IMO. 

We're not out of all the cups.

Archived