Old Firm Colts in L2

I hate the thought of defending them but they have played a lot friendly games against English and European sides this season instead of the DL.  In a way I think that's not too bad an idea playing different sides instead of the same players they will have played against for years, wish they would stick to it instead of trying to get into league two!

I see where you are coming from and that could be a way forward for them. They’ve had some decent results doing this and their players will probably get more out of it than playing part time players. Celtic can try that too, as long as they stay away from the league set up. It is not the fix Scottish football needs.

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Oh well, looks like Highland League / East Region juniors for me from now on, if all of this is actually true.

This season is the first in years I haven’t really got into because of work. But, before that, was a solid regular who paid at the gate so the club would get more £ over the course of the season, bought merchandise, etc etc- the same as all of us do.

Basically the authorities have decided that as leagues 1 & 2 attract around 6-9000 fans a week across all the games, they can happily throw us all off the boat.

I sincerely hope the “shitebag seven” in our league have plans for when the free money from the bigoted arsecheeks runs out. They might just be in for a shock at how few of us are left.

Very sad stuff indeed.

Off all the seasons to  miss games best one for years for the Mo!

Sad that fans like you will give up but those in charge sadly won't give a shit.

Just now, Adolfo Rios said:

I see where you are coming from and that could be a way forward for them. They’ve had some decent results doing this and their players will probably get more out of it than playing part time players. Celtic can try that too, as long as they stay away from the league set up. It is not the fix Scottish football needs.

f**k knows when Celtic will have time to play in League Two they also play in the UEFA Youth League and the EPL International Cup and are alway's miles behind in their DL games.

5 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

If it was really about developing players for the Scotland international side the SFA/SPFL should have put forward having a Scotland U21 side instead of the OF could have been made up of loan players from the sides who already  have their players selected for the U21s.

18 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Rangers are so concerned that their youths/development squad get regular football that they’re not even playing in the development league this year. But yeah, let’s bend over and let them in the professional league set up.

Sooner there is a clear out in the powers that run our game the better.

Doncaster and Reagan were handpicked and are supported by a posse of sycophantic underlings, all dance to Lawell's tune. Rangers are simply hanging on to his coat tails.

Who would have guessd that we'd hark back to Jim Farry, Ernie Walker and Peter Donald, who weren't actually scared of Celtic and Rangers.

If the Old Firm want to get their youth players competitive experience then there's a perfectly good development loan system in place.
If lower league boards want to increase revenue/attendance then make going to games easier, more affordable and more fun.
If we want to improve the standard of player for the national team then spend money on filling the coaching gap in this country and improving the training infrastructure.
If the Old Firm want to stockpile the country's most promising youth players in the hope that one or two turn out to be good enough then just don't let them do that.
If the Old Firm want to leave some roots in Scottish football as they go and chase some Northern Europe league dream then lol.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'll be livid if my season ticket price is increased to take account of the 4 extra matches. I'm unlikely to attend them.

Why state that they will purchase 250 tickets at £10 each. What league two club has adult tickets at that price?

If it's a two year pilot, I hope all fans will boycott

It is only an example being used for how much of a bribe they're willing to hand out to each club. Irrespective of how many fans attend their games they'll give them x amount as a guaranteed minimum. 

They haven't released much information on this supposed done deal but the little they have said has been torn to shreds on here, And that's probably their best points they've come up with to justify doing it. 

If the Old Firm want to get their youth players competitive experience then there's a perfectly good development loan system in place.
If lower league boards want to increase revenue/attendance then make going to games easier, more affordable and more fun.
If we want to improve the standard of player for the national team then spend money on filling the coaching gap in this country and improving the training infrastructure.
If the Old Firm want to stockpile the country's most promising youth players in the hope that one or two turn out to be good enough then just don't let them do that.
If the Old Firm want to leave some roots in Scottish football as they go and chase some Northern Europe league dream then lol.

Far too sensible for the SFA.

Fundamentally - there's little/no evidence OF "B" teams will improve the national team or crowds.

Perhaps someone from the SFA or one of the ‘brains’ behind project brave could enlighten us all as to what this clusterfuck will improve?

3 hours ago, strichener said:

We keep getting told by others that Scotland isn't large enough to support the current professional setup (Ann Budge being the latest in a long line).  If this is the case and we let these colts teams in and lets say all 12 top flight and 3 or 4 second tier want to enter "colt" teams, where do they all fit it.  Look forward to a league setup where we have:

SPFL Premiership

Celtic  v Rangers 'B'
Rangers 'D' v Aberdeen
Rangers  v Rangers 'C'
Aberdeen 'B' v Hamilton
Dundee v Dundee United 'B'
Dundee United v Celtic 'B'

etc. etc.

I like your thinking but they would probably prefer:

Celtic v Rangers (Sat 3pm)

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Rangers B v Celtic C (Dens Park) (Sat 5.15pm)

Kilmarnock v Dundee

Celtic B v Rangers C  (Tynecastle) (Sun Noon)

Hamilton v Hearts

Rangers D v Celtic D  (Vic Park) (Mon 7.45)

Hibs v Ross County 

This would allow the bigotfest to tour the country and Doncaster could sell four "Old Firm Derbies" a week to tv.

Cowden Cowboy has already admitted he'd be on board if Cowden got more money from it so I've little doubt he's fully supportive of the new plans.

If this was an exciting concept that was genuinely being designed to improve Scottish football then it would be a full on marketing love-in to promote it. Instead, it's being done as quietly as possible because they know that hardly anyone is in favour.

It's an absolute disgrace. It sounds hysterical but boycotts are entirely necessary with this.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Cowden Cowboy has already admitted he'd be on board if Cowden got more money from it so I've little doubt he's fully supportive of the new plans.

If this was an exciting concept that was genuinely being designed to improve Scottish football then it would be a full on marketing love-in to promote it. Instead, it's being done as quietly as possible because they know that hardly anyone is in favour.

It's an absolute disgrace. It sounds hysterical but boycotts are entirely necessary with this.

Meaningless babble:lol::lol:

La Liga (yes, la Liga, not the individual clubs) signs 9 Saudi Arabian players, who'll each go to a Spanish club.

Yes, let's copy the Spanish who have taken this farce to a new level.

Name and shame the league 2 clubs who are backing this nonsense.