Old Firm Colts in L2

Indeed, but it could be shown to clubs directly eg. 20% of the people here this weekend signed the petition.

Also, if it was done at different grounds it could be made into a press release and sent to newspapers. Over 1000 fans opposed etc.

That was aimed at JakeSAFC

Edited by Hedgesand Heartache

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You argued over someone saying they found it strange that their club had responded saying they hadn’t heard anything because all 10 League Two clubs had had a presentation, that’s still true.

All 10 League 2 clubs have been presented with the proposals, whether that was them all sitting down together or individually doesn’t really matter.

Peterhead said they hadn't as I recall but you implied they attended a meeting with 9 other clubs and both folks from

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cowden Cowboy will be able to tell us who else was at this meeting I’m guessing.

yes - not nine other clubs as you said

Don't think there'll be a need for a protest or petition. If enough fans air their views to their clubs via email or emails or whatever, it'll probably work. It's worked before. Just make sure you let your club know your stance and encourage others to do the same, and it'll probably be enough. It certainly looks like it's going that way.

Received a reply from my club, in which they claim there is no formal proposal for Colt sides to be introduced as far as they are aware.

Now this begs a question, as this seems to be the standard reply we may expect, as clubs deflect.

However, why are clubs claiming this? The proposal from the Old Firm has the full backing of the SFA (and SPFL): don't the clubs make up the SFA? Or do the football authorities not consult with their member clubs, in which case that makes the support from the authorities even more tainted.

yes - not nine other clubs as you said

How do you know this? I could be wrong I’m not saying it’s fact.

This suggests it was

It’s understood reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celtic and Rangers’ development chiefs Chris McCart and Craig Mulholland last weekend to discuss a two-year pilot scheme.

How many meetings were there over the weekend?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How do you know this? I could be wrong I’m not saying it’s fact.

This suggests it was

It’s understood reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celtic and Rangers’ development chiefs Chris McCart and Craig Mulholland last weekend to discuss a two-year pilot scheme.

How many meetings were there over the weekend?

Because I know precisely what happened with Cowdenbeath and because I can read what Elgin City write on their websitee

Because I know precisely what happened with Cowdenbeath and because I can read what Elgin City write on their websitee

Elgin just said that somebody had contacted them from Celtic three weeks ago? How do you know there wasn’t an invitation to this supposed meeting in that email?

On the bottom of that proposal that was sent to Elgin three weeks ago it says that the next steps are for a Rangers rep Craig Mullholland and a Celtic rep Chris McCart were to meet with all League 2 clubs and the SPFL, this is what the Daily Record are reporting happened last weekend.

Not sure why you’re arguing over this anyway.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

I have written and asked for a less ambiguous response and told them that I fully support it*.

*it being the immediate binning of this proposal.

Sent query this evening so will await reply, probably the same as others, did make the point if this came about there would be no season ticket with my name on it next season  also the £20 a month for the club draw would be cancelled as well. See in todays P&J the Elgin chairman has said they would be looking to have a meeting to get feedback from their supporters as they realise that short term gain would not be worth losing their long term support.

Clubs stalling, saying they want to wait and gather opinion and saying they are unaware of this are definitely bad guys and liars. Those talking about getting feedback and views from fans really mean they are for it but want to see if there will be any fan backlash before actually saying that