Old Firm Colts in L2

Burns day the day!

This seems to hit the spot.  wonder what clubs will be #bought and sold for old firm gold#

Fareweel to a' our Scottish fame,
Fareweel our ancient glory;
Fareweel ev'n to the Scottish name,
Sae fam'd in martial story.
Now Sark rins over Solway sands,
An' Tweed rins to the ocean,
To mark where England's province stands-
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!
What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.
The English steel we could disdain,
Secure in valour's station;
But English gold has been our bane -
O would, ere I had seen the day
That Treason thus could sell us,
My auld grey head had lien in clay,
Wi' Bruce and loyal Wallace!
But pith and power, till my last hour,
I'll mhak this declaration;
We're bought and sold for English gold-

I really don't understand why clubs need to wait for "formal proposals".

For me it's a matter of principle and clubs should be able to make their opinions known "on principle"

Exactly, there is no positive to this proposal for league Two clubs.

It simply boils down to are you willing to make a mockery of your league for £15k a season?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Sorry if this has been covered... What is required to carry this through in a vote? Is it a straight majority needed?

p8-9:

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__articlesofassociationofthescottishprofessionalfootballleaguelimitedasat20july2016_1470742749.pdf

Ordinary Resolution means a resolution of the Company at a General Meeting, which is not a special resolution, Qualified Resolution or Commercial Resolution, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, and which requires the support of not less than each of: (i) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership [9 from 12]; (ii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Championship [8 from 10]; and (iii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of League One and League Two [15 from 20], whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

Qualified Resolution means, in relation to those Reserved Matters referred to in Article 62, a resolution of the Company at a General Meeting, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, and which requires the support of not less than 90% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership [11 from 12]; 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership and the Championship [17 from 22]; and 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership, the Championship, League One and League Two [32 from 42], whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

It would appear a mixture of Ordinary and Qualified resolutions could need to be adjusted to admit 'B' teams. For example C4 (guarded by Qualified Resolution) limits SPFL to 42 clubs, while C6 (by Ordinary Resolution) specifies that 10 clubs play in SPFL2 - similar with rules on prizemoney payments, division formats, home/away games, who enters playoffs, etc. etc.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

Furthermore, p17:

Subject to Article 61.2, where an Ordinary Resolution before a General Meeting, including a resolution proposing an amendment to a provision of the Rules, is not a special resolution, Qualified Resolution or a Commercial Resolution and it exclusively relates to or concerns a matter which is relevant to only one or as the case may be, more specific Divisions, of which the Chairman failing whom the chairman of the relevant meeting, shall be the sole judge, not less than 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of each of the relevant Division or as the case may be, Divisions [8 from 10], whether all of the relevant Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, shall be required for the passing of the resolution.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I've never believed this would have the support to get the votes required but it's still encouraging that so many have found their voices on this subject. If, allied to people like Jim McInally, the fans leave clubs in no doubt to their opposition to this horrendous proposal, it won't happen.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

p8-9:

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__articlesofassociationofthescottishprofessionalfootballleaguelimitedasat20july2016_1470742749.pdf

Ordinary Resolution means a resolution of the Company at a General Meeting, which is not a special resolution, Qualified Resolution or Commercial Resolution, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, and which requires the support of not less than each of: (i) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership [9 from 12]; (ii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Championship [8 from 10]; and (iii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of League One and League Two [15 from 20], whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

Qualified Resolution means, in relation to those Reserved Matters referred to in Article 62, a resolution of the Company at a General Meeting, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, and which requires the support of not less than 90% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership [11 from 12]; 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership and the Championship [17 from 22]; and 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership, the Championship, League One and League Two [32 from 42], whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

It would appear a mixture of Ordinary and Qualified resolutions could need to be adjusted to admit 'B' teams. For example C4 (guarded by Qualified Resolution) limits SPFL to 42 clubs, while C6 (by Ordinary Resolution) specifies that 10 clubs play in SPFL2 - similar with rules on prizemoney payments, division formats, home/away games, who enters playoffs, etc. etc.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

Furthermore, p17:

Subject to Article 61.2, where an Ordinary Resolution before a General Meeting, including a resolution proposing an amendment to a provision of the Rules, is not a special resolution, Qualified Resolution or a Commercial Resolution and it exclusively relates to or concerns a matter which is relevant to only one or as the case may be, more specific Divisions, of which the Chairman failing whom the chairman of the relevant meeting, shall be the sole judge, not less than 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of each of the relevant Division or as the case may be, Divisions [8 from 10], whether all of the relevant Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, shall be required for the passing of the resolution.

So does that mean we need 11 good guys over, six from top two divisions or two from top division? 

1 minute ago, Bazil85 said:

So does that mean we need 11 good guys over, six from top two divisions or two from top division? 

As per my red notation that would seem the 'blockers' of the Qualified Resolutions, yep - while the 'blockers' of the Ordinary Resolutions would seem 6 from the bottom two divisions, 3 from the second division or 4 from the top division.

As regards the last bit, where 3 from SPFL2 itself could 'block', I'd be less sure - it's at chairman's discretion so they might say it affects other divisions as Rangers & Celtic play in Premiership.

4 hours ago, Burnsythebinman said:

If any one knows better - update the hit list----------

League 1 & League 2 - and declared Championship clubs

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Airdrieonians 
  • Albion Rovers 
  • Annan

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath
  • Queens Park

Most likely bad guys

• Berwick

On the fence/not declared

• Peterhead
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Morton
  • Elgin
  • Edinburgh
  • Cowdenbeath
  • Raith 
  • Ayr
  • Stranraer
  • Alloa
  • E Fife
  • Forfar

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you've missed the half dozen posts relating to Queen's Park's current position which was that they are "firmly against the proposal", and have promoted them into the Very Likely Good Guys section if you've no objection?

PS  step aside Stewart Regan - Jim McInally is the new voice of Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, The Spider said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you've missed the half dozen posts relating to Queen's Park's current position which was that they are "firmly against the proposal", and have promoted them into the Very Likely Good Guys section if you've no objection?

PS  step aside Stewart Regan - Jim McInally is the new voice of Scottish Football

sorry if I missed it. cheers for updating the list mate