Old Firm Colts in L2

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You guys are very good at picking up on the negatives of the proposal have you any positives to bring to the table?

I think that's your job - you're in favour of it, after all.

They're against it, as their teams will be adversely affected. So there you are.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The rest of the players that don't make the grade trickle down the leagues.

Genius! I knew there was a reason why this Colts in L2 proposition was such a good idea. Oh wait a minute, that's what happens at the moment anyway isn't it? Silly me.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You guys are very good at picking up on the negatives of the proposal have you any positives to bring to the table?

I sure if anyone can find any positives they will post them, although I suspect I will find a winning combination for the Euro Millions draw first.

Your club would end up with a reserve team in the league, to which you could send all the players you've syphoned off the other Premiership sides but have no interest in playing in the first team, therefore guaranteeing your place at the top of Scottish football.

Did you mean positives for the game in Scotland as a whole? There isn't a single one.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Your club would end up with a reserve team in the league, to which you could send all the players you've syphoned off the other Premiership sides but have no interest in playing in the first team, therefore guaranteeing your place at the top of Scottish football.

Did you mean positives for the game in Scotland as a whole? There isn't a single one.

That would be a concern and i would be against that and wish it did not happen.
Scotland needs to produce more talent,i like the development set up and the loan system but it's not enough.

So let me get this right CC. On one hand you praise Chris McCart for looking after the interests of his own club's youngsters, yet by McCart's own admission, this proposal isn't about the old firm but for the benefit of Scottish football. You come across as an intelligent man so could you please reconcile your contradiction of McCart's own statement for us, so that we might gain a better understanding of the intellectual level that your insightful commentary emanates from?

I can't see your difficulty - Chris McCart's Celtic colt players better development obviously is expected to help Celtic as I said that is the point of having a colts team and is part of his job - I am not sure I praised him other than agreeing that was an aim he would have as part of his role. A further logical conclusion to draw is that Chris McCart believes that this plan overall benefits Scottish football - which in one area it could if more and better players are produced to improve the national team. That is surely the bones of what he thinks. That's presumably as he sees it - he thinks the overall impact will then be positive for Scottish football. I don't because it has an adverse effect on lower league clubs and the SPFL which outweighs any possible benefits. That seems clear to me though not sure why you want me to explain the simple and easy conclusion that Chris McCart thinks this proposal is good for Scottish football overall rather than just his own club - but he would not be one of the main advocates if it was not to Celtic's benefit as his employer.

That would be a concern and i would be against that and wish it did not happen.
Scotland needs to produce more talent,i like the development set up and the loan system but it's not enough.

Something needs to be done, this is a thing, therefore it must be done.

There are plenty of ideas to improve the quality of Scotland's pool of players, some of which have been mentioned on here. Those aren't being discussed by the SPFL, because that isn't the aim of this proposal, and it wouldn't even be a side benefit.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Is that a veiled hint that not only do they want "Colt" teams in League Two, but they also want summer football?

Would that not interfere with Celtic's tour of Japan?

These "Colt" players won't be ready to play for the first team for another 2 or 3 years, surely...

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've long since given up on senior football. That doesn't mean I won't continue to point out the type of decisions that eventually drove me to that.

the ajax colt team joined the dutch second division four years ago eleven players from that squad were in the first team squad in last seasons europa leage final so it certainly benefited them and should help  the dutch national team in the future.

1 minute ago, hague said:

the ajax colt team joined the dutch second division four years ago eleven players from that squad were in the first team squad in last seasons europa leage final so it certainly benefited them and should help  the dutch national team in the future.

What impact did it have on the other teams?

19 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

not sure why you want me to explain the simple and easy conclusion that Chris McCart thinks this proposal is good for Scottish football overall rather than just his own club but he would not be one of the main advocates if it was not to Celtic's benefit as his employer.

Hammer hits nail on head. Chris McCart is a deluded twat if he genuinely believes that the majority of scottish fooball fans won't see through his pitiful self-serving interests. I was just curious as to why you thought it necessary to find a reason to justify (not agree with) his stance when he's surely capapable of doing that for himself.

5 minutes ago, hague said:

Crikey i didnt realise that the famed Ajax youth development only started four years ago :o

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Something needs to be done, this is a thing, therefore it must be done.

There are plenty of ideas to improve the quality of Scotland's pool of players, some of which have been mentioned on here. Those aren't being discussed by the SPFL, because that isn't the aim of this proposal, and it wouldn't even be a side benefit.

Football is a business at the top end,Celtic pour millions into youth development for very little return, they are looking for a better return the colt team is one option.
McCart knows what is lacking to take the players to the next level,i'm sure the pros and cons will get ironed out from the pilot scheme plus the effect it has on clubs.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What impact did it have on the other teams?

first two seasons ajax and psv colts were near the bottom off the league but since then they have been challenging for the title it has made for a far more competitve league and increased crowds.also colts teams cant be promoted .