Old Firm Colts in L2

Why are people even discussing this scenario? 
Get it in the sea where it belongs. 

Silence will not help stop them pushing through a new idea. In 2012 the clubs, SFA, SPL and SFL would probably have shoehorned The Rangers into the SPL if it wasn’t for the outcry buy fans of other teams many of whom threatened to not renew season tickets until The Rangers rightly started at the bottom. Fans need to be vocal on this issue if they’re really against it and ensure their club are aware. Board members do look in on sites like this to see what fan opinions are.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Silence will not help stop them pushing through a new idea. In 2012 the clubs, SFA, SPL and SFL would probably have shoehorned The Rangers into the SPL if it wasn’t for the outcry buy fans of other teams many of whom threatened to not renew season tickets until The Rangers rightly started at the bottom. Fans need to be vocal on this issue if they’re really against it and ensure their club are aware. Board members do look in on sites like this to see what fan opinions are.

Fair point , but if they haven't got the message by now and are still contemplating  it , then sadly I fear no amount of fan objection is going to sway them. 

It is a worry that (on a good weekend) 9,000-10,000 of us attend all the matches across Leagues 1 & 2. They know fans at our level hate the idea, and don;t want it, but they don't care all that much.

They will be quite happy to ignore those voices in favour of the powerful lobby represented by the bigoted arsecheeks and the self interested claque who hang onto their coat tail in the top flight.

Not that this is to say the fight isn't worth the candle, however. The key people to lobby are the club chairmen and directors who are actually in the room when these decisions are made.

It doesn't matter if an idea is disastrous, if a powerful lobby wants it, with loose change attached, it can sneak through. No time to be disheartened.

It is a worry that (on a good weekend) 9,000-10,000 of us attend all the matches across Leagues 1 & 2. They know fans at our level hate the idea, and don;t want it, but they don't care all that much.
They will be quite happy to ignore those voices in favour of the powerful lobby represented by the bigoted arsecheeks and the self interested claque who hang onto their coat tail in the top flight.
Not that this is to say the fight isn't worth the candle, however. The key people to lobby are the club chairmen and directors who are actually in the room when these decisions are made.
It doesn't matter if an idea is disastrous, if a powerful lobby wants it, with loose change attached, it can sneak through. No time to be disheartened.

I don’t know, I’d normally agree but I think enough fans feel strongly about this and the boards must know a percentage of their customers will just walk away if this goes through. While most boards would love the extra cash being offered the fans are the lifeblood of these clubs. They must see the numbers of home fans dropping when the Colts come to town in the Cup.

Yes I think we agree.
This latest "proposal" won't go through, they are pretty much playing the long game though and will keep chipping away at the resolve.

Yea I completely agree that’s why I think fans who oppose the idea need to stay vocal on it otherwise that’s when they’ll shoehorn it through. I’ll certainly be bending the ear of our board members on it [emoji23]

5 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I agree. We need to stand strong. We can't have another Sevco being shoehorned onto the Scottish leagues. If it happens I am done with Scottish football. Let's have another sell out Saturday to show that we don't need them. 

56 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I agree. We need to stand strong. We can't have another Sevco being shoehorned onto the Scottish leagues. If it happens I am done with Scottish football. Let's have another sell out Saturday to show that we don't need them. 

If you weren't taking the piss the greenies would be flying your way. 

Talking of greenies , what has become of  the infamous Charles Green ?  The second messiah ?  

As a "neutral" fan who hasn't really kept up with developments I'm curious to know if the opposition is to the idea of ANY Colt teams playing in D2 or if it's just because it is the Old Firm and all the hassle that might bring. If it was say St Johnstone and Kilmarnock who wanted their teams to play, would there be as much opposition.

Not advocating one way or another just curious.

33 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

John Collins on Radio Scotland this evening saying that Colts sides should be placed in League 2, with lower league clubs having no say in the matter.

To summarise his 'argument' for those who missed it: The old firm youth systems are failing to produce players because they are too busy trying to win leagues and cups to give young players a chance. Therefore it is the responsibility of the rest of Scottish football to allow Old Firm youth players to play regular competitive football so that these players can then go on to play first team football, be sold for millions of pounds and allow the Old Firm to continue to financially bully the rest of Scottish football and maintain their dominance. These players can't possibly be loaned out to lower league clubs because they all play hoofball and therefore it would damage these talents to slum it with part-time clubs, they need to remain in their sheltered environment playing nice pretty triangles away to Brechin to turn into future Scotland stars.

I was listening in the car on the way back from work so may have missed a bit, but from memory I think that's how it went. Craig Levein wholeheartedly agreed, obviously.

It is an absurd argument to make, if the Old Firm can't produce players given all the advantages they have then that is entirely on them, ruining the integrity of the lower leagues to make up for their own inadequacies is not an acceptable option.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

To summarise his 'argument' for those who missed it: The old firm youth systems are failing to produce players because they are too busy trying to win leagues and cups to give young players a chance. Therefore it is the responsibility of the rest of Scottish football to allow Old Firm youth players to play regular competitive football so that these players can then go on to play first team football, be sold for millions of pounds and allow the Old Firm to continue to financially bully the rest of Scottish football and maintain their dominance. These players can't possibly be loaned out to lower league clubs because they all play hoofball and therefore it would damage these talents to slum it with part-time clubs, they need to remain in their sheltered environment playing nice pretty triangles away to Brechin to turn into future Scotland stars.

I was listening in the car on the way back from work so may have missed a bit, but from memory I think that's how it went. Craig Levein wholeheartedly agreed, obviously.

It is an absurd argument to make, if the Old Firm can't produce players given all the advantages they have then that is entirely on them, ruining the integrity of the lower leagues to make up for their own inadequacies is not an acceptable option.

Perfectly summed up!

Foster challenged him well saying what do you do when playing out from the back,has you 3 down in 10 minutes? The total disregard he had for Lower league football was extremely poor.

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

As a "neutral" fan who hasn't really kept up with developments I'm curious to know if the opposition is to the idea of ANY Colt teams playing in D2 or if it's just because it is the Old Firm and all the hassle that might bring. If it was say St Johnstone and Kilmarnock who wanted their teams to play, would there be as much opposition.

Not advocating one way or another just curious.

It's ANY colts from my point of view. Any Colt team playing within the pyramid is more often than not going to be playing at the same time as their first team. So you're not getting their real fans, you're not getting their real team, and the full time teams now have a reason to hoard players instead of releasing them to become first team players elsewhere.

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

The Rangers rightly started at the bottom. 

No they didnt. They should have applied to the West Region Division 2.

1 hour ago, I Zingari said:

John Collins on Radio Scotland this evening saying that Colts sides should be placed in League 2, with lower league clubs having no say in the matter.

Did he say it in a husky, committed voice that denotes unquestionable authority?

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He also said it should just be pushed through without a vote because those clubs don't have many fans.

And he used the word elite about a hundred times but couldn't define what it meant when asked 😂

He also said "it's not about CeltIc and Rangers"

Anyway I posted this on another thread.  It's a myth that Celtic and Rangers produce all the Scottish elite players.  Both those clubs are buying clubs.

Here is a list of the top 20 clubs that have produced Scottish players that have been selected in a squad for a World Cup or Euro final.  ie our "elite player"

scotland.PNG.7cc925f8fae370e4354739c20488337e.PNG

Here is a list of the top 20 clubs for the past 20 years, when we have not been getting to tournaments 

scot2.PNG.639e962bdcc7bc17d814232891131d73.PNG

Edited by SlipperyP

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If you weren't taking the piss the greenies would be flying your way. 

Talking of greenies , what has become of  the infamous Charles Green ?  The second messiah ?  

See the source image