Your Official WW3 thread

Dindeleux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Ok nostradamus you do better !

Nostradamus predicted the world would end at the hands of the yellow man and there was a film on ITV recently called The Coming War with China so make of that what you will, although I've never quite understood why the Chinese are called yellow, unless of course I'm colourblind.

Putin is a populist (and seemingly popular) headcase who probably still has expansionist plans.

China will push the boundries if they feel that their position with the U.S. is going to deteriorate.

Much will depend upon how much the legislature in the U.S. stop Trump from carrying out acts of crass stupidity.  I don't think he will be stopped by his own cabinet or advisers but hopefully Congress will limit his worst excesses.

I'm don't think European countries will play a big role in starting WW3.  Equally I'm not sure how effective they could be in stopping it.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin by phone and, in a video message, said that they both agreed it was an act of "provocation".

He said that those who wanted to harm relations between the two countries "would not achieve it".

Nothing to see here.

Correct answer.

Things could get a bit testy, but I doubt The Pipeline Proxy will end in direct conflict between any of the traditional major national powers, i.e. WW3.

More interesting is Eastern Europe along the Russian border, and China quietly continuing its ascent relatively unchallenged to its south, and Japan's response. And of course Islam, which is pretty much a common disruptive force to all the major powers.

19 hours ago, throbber said:

I have been doing extensive online research on this subject of late and whilst it comes as a welcome distraction from my uni work it has me in a constant state of fear and anxiety. My only reassurance comes from older people who say they have been feeling these feelings of anxiety with regards to a Third World War for decades and it hasn't happened yet so I could be alright.

Wait, how old are you? In my head, I always assumed you were in your 40s. This might still the case, but you've sewn a few seeds of doubt, throbber. F*ck sake.

Thank you.

Archived