May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

36 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I see what you did there but the answer is that all SNP 'types' look forward to being independent.
What do lab/lib/tories look forward to?

Whatever they're told to look forward to by the glorious leaders down in the fatherland.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I'm someone who doesn't attach myself to any party and rightfully trying to vote on local issues and see what each candidate is offering. When this is the kind of leaflet you're being provided you just give up. So fucking predictable.

a13a589de7795d17527f5d648650c705.jpg

Good for you trying to keep local politics local :thumsup2
But as long as the candidates don't all call themselves independent then it's a lost cause.
I vote on party lines cos every vote for my party is a boost for independence.
I suspect that most electors vote on party lines else a lot more independents would win.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

local leaflets for local people 

IMG_r08qr0.jpg

That's cool but tbf it's similar to the one that mrcat1990 posted only with more detail.
And it is a poster from a political party and no an independent.
Having said that I like it and I'll probably be voting for them (SNP that is and no the Tories) :thumsup2

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Loads,but never a peep when lab/tory all vote the same way from yourself as always

A snp type candidate who has chosen free thinking over a gagging clause would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

A snp type candidate who has chosen free thinking over a gagging clause would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

A Labour type candidate who has chosen free thinking over SNPbad would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

A Tory type candidate who has chosen free thinking over a rape clause would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

Etc...

1 minute ago, mjw said:

A Labour type candidate who has chosen free thinking over SNPbad would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

A Tory type candidate who has chosen free thinking over a rape clause would be refreshing and could be quite appealing to many voters.

Etc...

Steady oan...refreshing - aye, appealing - naw :lol:

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Do you pay much attention to local politics or just regurgitate what you read elsewhere?

Homework: What is the Edinburgh SNP groups position on a tourist tax?

18 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That's an old video (pre General Election possibly?). I wonder what the response would be like now?

Wondered if it was. Sturgeon is name-checked though so 2015 on could be right.

14 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Will there be any SNP types or are they incapable of independent thoughts?

If an 'SNP type' stands against the SNP, they will automatically be kicked out of the party. Accordingly, the answer to your question is 'No'

If you were actually referring to 'Scottish Independence supporters' when you said 'SNP types', then the answer is 'Yes'. In my own ward, one of the Independents isn't a SNP member but supports Scottish Independence. She's got my 3rd preference after the SNP & Green candiates

However, I note that the Unionist parties sometimes give nominal 'independents' a free run. An Argyll example would be Oban North, where Kieron Green is nominally an independent candidate. He has previously stood for Labour but couldn't get elected. However, he did win a by-election as an independent when Labour didn't stand against him. Accordingly, they're not standing against him again.

I believe he's still a paid-up Labour Party member. I find it a bit sad that a once proud party is reduced to this.

Another Tory in hot water over offensive tweets. This time joined by a racist Labour candidate and member of the CWU trade union.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/15236000.Election_candidates_in_social_media_probe/?ref=twtrec

TWO prospective councillors are at the centre of criticism today following concerning social media posts. 

The Press highlighted to the Scottish Labour Party that posts on Postman Garry Haldane's Facebook page had been sexist and racist.

The party will now be launching an immediate investigation into these posts.

Garry Haldane will be standing in the Dunfermline Central Ward local elections on May 4, alongside Fife Provost Councillor Jim Leishman. 

Another candidate, Dalgety Bay resident Kathleen Leslie, has been forced to apologise after a series of Twitter spats against the SNP. 

1492859459430.jpg.8cbc38b391e5461d16b17ef229eb2a44.jpg

The absolute state of that 'local election' leaflet. Hard times for Labour when they're down to fielding just one candidate in the east end of Greenock.

What a fukin seething mess of a party.... SNP bad, No Independence Ref...
It's a council election ffs.
Labour in Scotland must be the most stupidist party to ever fukin exist. Refuse to learn any lessons

1492859459430.jpg.8cbc38b391e5461d16b17ef229eb2a44.jpg

The absolute state of that 'local election' leaflet. Hard times for Labour when they're down to fielding just one candidate in the east end of Greenock.

A family member of mine is a councillor down Inverclyde way and its fair to say the Labour mob out that way are the epitome of everything people hate about today's SLab. Just 24/7 butthurt about the SNP.

Archived