Hard Brexit: Relation to Scottish Independence.

John Lambies Doos

And now are insistent we leave along with England and Wales. Because you actively don't want Scotland's voice to be listened to.

I wonder if there are any other European nations whose EU membership is contingent on what their neighbouring country decides. I'm sure most would scoff at he absolute nutbaggery and serfdom of that.

If my missus decided she was tired and wanted to leave a party and head to bed i might be inclined to reluctantly join her and acquiesce to her wishes rather than stay at the part and then divorce her.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If my missus decided she was tired and wanted to leave a party and head to bed i might be inclined to reluctantly join her and acquiesce to her wishes rather than stay at the part and then divorce her.

I'm divorced...

Then again,you could grow a pair,give her the taxi fare and stay because you want to.You at least have the choice.

That's a bit like someone saying "the legal position is clear: if you, unprovoked, deliberately kill someone then you've committed a crime" and someone replying "simply not true, an Act of Parliament can change the definitions of murder and culpable homicide to decriminalise it."

Sure, the Lisbon Treaty could be amended with the unanimous agreement of all its members to supplant "UK" for "Scotland" but it won't for as long as Spain has a veto.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

That's a bit like someone saying "the legal position is clear: if you, unprovoked, deliberately kill someone then you've committed a crime" and someone replying "simply not true, an Act of Parliament can change the definitions of murder and culpable homicide to decriminalise it."

Sure, the Lisbon Treaty could be amended with the unanimous agreement of all its members to supplant "UK" for "Scotland" but it won't for as long as Spain has a veto.

Simple - nuke Madrid - problem solved :)

19 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Another day another Mystic Meg.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

SNP contingent heading to Brussels to plead for a separate Scottish deal post Brexit? Can't knock em for trying!

Labour's Carwyn Jones asking for a separate arrangement for Wales today as well. Noisy neighbour, stamping feet, whinging nats etc etc.

1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Labour's Carwyn Jones asking for a separate arrangement for Wales today as well. Noisy neighbour, stamping feet, whinging nats etc etc.

Why can't he just work with the Tories ? Anyway, Wales voted to leave, typical Labour.....totoally useless.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No and in fairness I think we have to stop knocking them for trying to do what they believe is best for the country they were elected to represent - Scotland.

All parties should be supporting them in this. The stakes are very high. Right now our country needs everyone to put their parties aside and work together.

Is that asking too much?

That looks good on paper but in reality...?

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No and in fairness I think we have to stop knocking them for trying to do what they believe is best for the country they were elected to represent - Scotland.

All parties should be supporting them in this. The stakes are very high. Right now our country needs everyone to put their parties aside and work together.

Is that asking too much?

That's asking way too much.

No chance Ruth will go against her London Overlords.

The Dug doesn't have a spine or the guts to side with the SNP on anything.

Willie Rennie is just irrelevant, his support wouldn't make a difference even if he had the baws.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Is that asking too much?

What a lot of unadulterated pish.  The SNP are representing Scotland's interests on this matter, and seeking to implement the will of the majority of the Scottish people who voted in the EU referendum.

Archived