P&B Bird Watch

RedRob72

Just got home to see this pair in my garden with heads different colour to their bodies.  Any idea what they are (not the greatest resolution though)?  

PXL_20230826_1817321852.thumb.jpg.0f132f3bba22aa5457aa50f367f5ecb9.jpg

Best guess so far is a pair of blackbirds that tried to pick seeds out of a tin of paint someone was using for a shed.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just got home to see this pair in my garden with heads different colour to their bodies.  Any idea what they are (not the greatest resolution though)?  

PXL_20230826_1817321852.thumb.jpg.0f132f3bba22aa5457aa50f367f5ecb9.jpg

Best guess so far is a pair of blackbirds that tried to pick seeds out of a tin of paint someone was using for a shed.

Blackie juveniles I reckon.

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/identify-this/278057/male-blackbird-with-brown-head

• 2 weeks later...

Came home from a quick spin on the bike..

made a coffee and sat at my desk and 'WTF?' ..

a wee bird in the house..

It sat on top of the telly so a quick snap, sorry about quality (I cropped it) and it was a Goldcrest..

a bonny wee thing so closed room door quickly and opened windows wide and of it popped..

goldcrest.jpg.af564db8bd525a23057c229bbdcad454.jpg

On 12/09/2023 at 19:50, Bob in Denny said:

Came home from a quick spin on the bike..

made a coffee and sat at my desk and 'WTF?' ..

a wee bird in the house..

It sat on top of the telly so a quick snap, sorry about quality (I cropped it) and it was a Goldcrest..

a bonny wee thing so closed room door quickly and opened windows wide and of it popped..

goldcrest.jpg.af564db8bd525a23057c229bbdcad454.jpg

What a treat!

Surprisingly loud singers. Out for a walk a few weeks ago, and there was a goldcrest singing in the tree above (didn't spot it) along with a raven croaking away at a distance of about a furlong.

Was with my son, and I said to him, "Springfield's smallest bird meets Springfield's largest bird: Do Opposites Attract?" 

On 17/08/2023 at 10:46, printer said:

Doing the shore walk at Carron Valley Reservoir with Mrs p and we saw three ospreys flying above the reservoir and trees, apparently they are there regularly.

Didn't have the required quality of camera unfortunately; if only @sugna had been with us.

Did the same walk yesterday, didn't see any ospreys but learned they have a nest in the trees on the south side of the reservoir.

• 1 month later...

Miss Peggy. She is an amazing bird. We've had high winds on and off over the past couple of months which does not make it easy for her to find food. I'm not someone who feeds wildlife but I have been giving her some chicken hearts every now and again. 

180 copy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

That nuthatch is a cracking pic.

I think we have a pair of them that come in from the tress across the road. They aren't shy about pilfering the sunflower and nut feeders. They are amusing to watch as they quite often hang upside down.

nuthatch002.JPG