St Johnstone v Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully we'll be in the North End of the main stand. Was a decent atmosphere and utter scenes when El Capitan shinnied in that late winner earlier in the season. Not sure how many we'll take through though after the knicker wetting over Saintees tactics in our recent defeat?
208 shut so our bus is heading for a Railwayman's Social club around there. What can we expect in terms of facilities?
On the game itself St Johnstone will be fired up for this one and hopefully our team will want to make amends for our poor second half performance. 
Please go back to the 3-5-2 Archie and we might have a chance of getting through to the next round or a replay.

The Dogger on Feus Road.
Used to be busy but struggling like most clubs these days, decent pint and you won't get any hassle.
Ps Before you ask I've got no idea why it's called the Dogger !

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Thistle fans are behind the goal this week. The section in the West Stand only holds about 1,000 (@perthsaint1977 can confirm?) and there must be a decent chance Thistle will bring more than that?

Normally there might be a chance of 1,000, but I'd guess there will be simpletons who are still in the huff over the Firhill game and will use that as a reason not to go.

Anyone know how long Booth is out for? Assuming Elliott's appeal fails we could be down to one full back for this. Guess Keown would play RB and Dumbuya LB if that was the case.

Anyway, first time on the train to Perth since the 1-1 at the end of the season where Saints got promoted, GGH scored for us late on. Where's the best boozers in the centre? Hopefully we don't wait 40 minutes for a taxi this time.

4 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

You can walk to the ground from the centre in less than 40 mins.

Looking forward to this. I'm wearing a giant rosette, top hat, carrying a rattle and a replica Scottish Cup made out of tin-foil and an old cardboard box. #RomanceOfTheCup

You can walk from Glasgow to Perth in about 19 hours but I've no intention of doing that either.

After his apology to Tommy, would any Thistle fans object to Craig Thomson being appointed for this?

Thankfully that rodents refereeing Dunfermlines game.

20 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Suggestion today from Alan Archibald that Thistle might have a few players missing. Any names? Or a bit of mind games?

The STV interview he's directly asked for names and says he'll keep it quiet. I think when we've said this in the past most people have normally played though not been 100%

Booth didn't play last week so guessing he's one, which with Elliott's suspension and Penrice being on loan would leave us with one full back, although if Cerny is one of them and Ridgers is in goals then I'll be raging as knowing that in advance would save me the bother of travelling.

Archived