Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

Just in and I can only get two positives from tonight, I got some fresh air and Muzzy surely has to start next week thanks to Christie being a fuckwit (Cummins feigning injury was tragic though)

It goes to show how bad the bottom 7 are as St Johnstone are that far ahead.

We pretty much dominated the 1st half (St Johnstone really were awful) but we decided to give them a goal because that's what we do

2nd half St Johnstone bullied us mostly and shitfested their way to 3 points as we ran out of ideas around the 50min mark..

If we are going to play route one when chasing the game then we may aswell put a CB up front rather than Azeez and/or Amoo

Rabble rabble rabble, what everyone else said too

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Johnstone are brutal to watch but they're effective and bring huge amount of seethe from the wanks that sit around me so fair play. Thought Clark and Millar were excellent.

Our subs tonight were dreadful. Azeez and Amoo ain't gonna work against a defence sitting deep. Nisbet and Dumbuya should've been on.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I remember when we never used to time waste, or block players off, or give professional fouls. It was before we had the recent European ties against streetwise fuckers.

We've come a long way since those days. You boys should lobby the Authorities to bring back the Intertoto cup.

Those part time Armenian farmers are a pesky bunch.

Millar absolutely strolled that game, thought he was the standout in a poor game. We played reasonably well in the first half before Booth's mistake, and then in the second felt that we had to play long to chase the game, which of course played right into their hands. Lawless was absolutely pish, no idea how he stayed on the pitch. A lot of hiding tonight in general as well from numerous players, and all in all a really poor performance.

That timewasting at the end was a work of art. We chuck in goals for fun in injury time, while St Johnstone can keep the ball in the corner for 10 minutes and get a man sent off in the process. Still a long way to go until we're streetwise enough to be a credible top 6 contender.

Amazed any jags fan is criticising St Johnstone. I'd be far more concerned with how awful we are.
astonishing that Archie has not addressed the striker role - the one major failing we have had all season and what's his answer in the January window - a guy who has sat on the bench for Crawley town since October and probably won't be match fit for 5 weeks while Inverness can go and get McKay back and Motherwell can get Nadir Cifti.. 

Ciftci didn't sign for Motherwell.

Christ, that was awful. Elliott was dreadful, his (deserved) sending off was the only way the game could've got worse for him. Only pass marks for me were Keown, and maybe Edwards and Barton at a push. Booth and Lawless were piss poor which is probably why we kept playing everything down the right in the second half. Thought Archie's subs were pretty baffling as well. Taking the Doolan off, when we were chasing the game, was very strange. Osman also isn't the type of player to change a game either. Looking forward to seeing Dumbuya back on Saturday. Worth the journey up alone imo.

Would agree with only Edwards, Keown, Barton being half decent. Too many players were off the boil. Thought Doolan was anonymous tbh, don't blame Archie for taking him off. Hopefully this Banton guy can can give us a spark in attack, think we have some good players there but we've been piss poor in front of goal lately.

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Amazed any jags fan is criticising St Johnstone. I'd be far more concerned with how awful we are.

astonishing that Archie has not addressed the striker role - the one major failing we have had all season and what's his answer in the January window - a guy who has sat on the bench for Crawley town since October and probably won't be match fit for 5 weeks while Inverness can go and get McKay back and Motherwell can get Nadir Cifti.. 

Theres also too many players in a comfort zone - why was Elliot incapable of beating a man for one?

Why did you quote my post? Genuinely interested.

16 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It wasn't a criticism of St Johnstone, rather an observation that it's not entertaining and defeats the purpose of professional football. I've criticised us for doing the corner thing before. There are other, just as effective, ways to close out games that don't involve 4-5ths of the stadium being completely unable to see the ball for almost 10 minutes.

I don't blame them for doing it; unlike us they don't f**k it up. It's not what's I pay to watch though.

I take it you didn't watch Thistle shitfest a win in Dingwall recently then - if so you will be glad to have kept your money in your pocket.

What comes around normally goes around in this league.

Millar absolutely strolled that game, thought he was the standout in a poor game. We played reasonably well in the first half before Booth's mistake, and then in the second felt that we had to play long to chase the game, which of course played right into their hands. Lawless was absolutely pish, no idea how he stayed on the pitch. A lot of hiding tonight in general as well from numerous players, and all in all a really poor performance.
That timewasting at the end was a work of art. We chuck in goals for fun in injury time, while St Johnstone can keep the ball in the corner for 10 minutes and get a man sent off in the process. Still a long way to go until we're streetwise enough to be a credible top 6 contender.

Spot on with all of that.

St Johnstone's timewasting helped them control the game. All of our fans were near greetin it without realising that our keeper is possibly worse (well, better actually) than any player in the league for it. Shame the rest of the team are not.

Saints did exactly the same at Killie last month with the ball in the corner, except down there Luke Hendrie managed to pick up two quick yellows rather than a straight red!

Thought first half was a decent game but the second was what Saints are always liable to do. Don't think Thistle had a sniff of goal. It must be frustrating as hell but not a great reflection on teams that they are so easily stiffled.

Hopefully with the pressure of securing top six pretty much off we can have a real go at Hearts, as hard as it might be.

What was most concerning today was the total lack of pace and urgency about the team. I'd thought at the Dundee game that we looked so much sharper and up for it, but even at the Fortmartine fixture we seemed a bit sluggish. Surely to Christ the point of the winter break to Spain was to freshen them up? Both Booth and Elliott couldn't beat their man. In the latter case he was against Easton FFS, he has the turning speed of a tractor for all his other attributes. Lawless was total powderpuff, Erskine's passing was pish, and neither Amoo nor Azeez showed any urgency or fight trying to win the ball. Osman was pedestrian when he came on.

I think the bottom line is if Erskine isn't having a decent day we don't actually cause problems. No one else is ever in a hurry to get an opening or a shot away.

If Booth hadn't set up Saints goal we'd probably have got a shanner of a 0-0 draw. Lack of creativity is killing us. The Holy Trinity of  Doolan, Erskine and Lawless were very poor. A bit like the game up in Inverness on Saturday really.

Plenty of the ball in the first half but did little with it. Overall the game summed up why we're rock bottom of the home form table with a meagre 10 points.

Keown looked decent but even he got bored of punting aimless diagonal passes by the end up.

Ah well, a nice easy game on Saturday to look forward too :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I take it you didn't watch Thistle shitfest a win in Dingwall recently then - if so you will be glad to have kept your money in your pocket.

No I don't usually go to away games #PartTimeFan etc

7 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

^^^ still hurting ;)

Archived