Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

I was down at the corner at the end and some of the fellas absolutely losing their minds was pretty funny. Not gonna lie, did indulge in some Paton and referee abuse for the lolz.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Broon_100 said:

Bloody hell we would get football stopped but there is no doubt we are street smart. Brutal hoofball football but you can't argue with how we grind out results. Take our chances, tight at the back and manage the game in phases. That's why we win and win ugly. 

Chris Millar outstanding. 

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm perfectly happy with a shitfest win away from home, as you need that over the course of the season, but but travelling thru to Glasgow to watch your team and for 5 of the 90 minutes you get to watch them try to stand over the ball at the corner flag is shite.  Fair enough the last 20 seconds, or if it's a win in a big European match, but it's away at Partick Thistle in the league FFS.

Fair play for not resorting to the "lol partick are seething :lol:" narrative because of a couple of roasters on WAT.

Looking at the highlights, that was a sitter for Edwards when you see it from the Jackie Husband angle. Clark's save from Keown looks even more impressive as well. Saints were definitely fortunate not to be behind, much the same as on Saturday. The players have acknowledged we didn't play well in either match, so certainly no grounds for getting too carried away with consecutive wins.

Not sure what it is Thistle are quite lacking. I like Archibald, I like a lot of their players and they play nice stuff but it doesn't translate into consistent results. I've been really impressed with Adam Barton the couple of times I've seen him. Very composed, good passer and reads the game well.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

How was Swanson?

Disinterested again?

Pretty much anonymous. Only involvement I remember from him was when he was booked for diving in the box. There was definite contact but he threw himself down, hence the decision.

That Edwards miss on the highlights is a shocker. Didn't think it looked that bad from behind the goal, but what the fuck? Booth as well, proper facepalm moment.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

How was Swanson?

Disinterested again?

Yeah I thought so but was accused of being harsh when said that at the game.  Nothing was really coming off for him in terms of dribbling past players.  That said the way he brought the ball down out wide just prior to being substituted was superb.  

Agree with Radford about Barton, was impressed with him.  Read the game very well and seemed a step ahead at times.  Actually quite like a few of the Thistle players, was certainly pleased to see Erskine getting taken off.  

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Pretty much anonymous. Only involvement I remember from him was when he was booked for diving in the box. There was definite contact but he threw himself down, hence the decision.

That Edwards miss on the highlights is a shocker. Didn't think it looked that bad from behind the goal, but what the fuck? Booth as well, proper facepalm moment.

Yeah didn't expect that to be given due his theatrics.  Summed up his frustration all night I think.

52 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I'm in the JHS and it looked pretty bad but understandable.  Haven't seen the highlights, but looked to me like it was one of those awkward ones where it was slightly too high to volley but quite low for a header.  Seemed to get a straight enough contact, but had some spin on it to take it into the side netting.  Will give the highlights a watch, see if I'm just talking pish.

Swanson has definitely gone off the boil since his injury. It's always difficult with your best player but I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped for Sunday. Wotherspoon and Alston are both more deserving of a place in the team at the moment and I suspect we will go with them. 

Not entirely sure what the problem is with Swanson - he's definitely not as positive with the ball. Last night he didn't link as well with Foster as he normally does with Easton plus he generally likes to come inside onto his right foot which he can't do from the right hand side. 

Maybe being a little harsh but we improved when Spoony came on and he wasn't exactly on fire. 

21 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Not bothered how Saints played. It's how we played and reacted poorly in second half that bothers me.
It's nonsense to criticize the opponent for our inabilities. Seems many of the FB posters are just roasters.

I binned Facebook a while ago, but I can imagine what the dafties are saying.

WAT is hilariously mental as well. It's like a middle class version of FollowFollow or Rangers Media minus the sectarianism. 

12 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

WAT is hilariously mental as well. It's like a middle class version of FollowFollow or Rangers Media minus the sectarianism. 

Hadn't visited in a while, had a look, and jeezo what a bunch of precious wee lambs they are.

10 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Have just left the Thistle supporters group on Fb today, can't deal with the shite being spouted. Feels better already. 

Expected WAT to be much worse than it is today actually. 

Archived