Blast From The Past!

Here is a pic of a BMX bike I loved and cared for, a Raliegh Pro Burner. The stunts, the bumps, the bruises and good times. Was like that when first bought but added loadsa cool stuff like that laid back seat post that broke and shredded my brothers rear end and nutsack. You can see in the pic how and why his nut sack got sucked into the space between the tyre and brake. :)

JTBLUE.jpg

I still have an Atari ST 520 fully upgraded to a whopping 2MB and it comes with it's original monochrome monitor as well as a real Steinberg Cubase V4 dongle. Might dig it out at some point to play smashy racing and the like if the floopy discs haven't went past their magnetised date. :thumsup2

My favourite songs from the late 80s to mid 90's were composed on a machine like that.

The song Voodoo Ray came about because the sampler used didn't have enough memory to hold the full sample. I'm sure I read it was Voodoo Raygun, but Wikipedia says Voodoo Rage.

Just now, Kennboy1978 said:

My favourite songs from the late 80s to mid 90's were composed on a machine like that.

The song Voodoo Ray came about because the sampler used didn't have enough memory to hold the full sample. I'm sure I read it was Voodoo Raygun, but Wikipedia says Voodoo Rage.

I still have the S1000 sampler edit dongle and mapping charts but sadly no sampler. It died and went to electronic heaven.

I'll need to get a copy of Voodoo Ray again, f**k me that brings back the memories spending weeks upon weeks making pish music that only I liked because I made it. :lol:

That reminds me?, remember the song Acid that came out and got banned? :lol: You turn on you tune in and chill out, AAAAAAACID AAAAAACID. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

This was my first roller coaster.

my first and probably last roller coaster- after a day scoffing ice cream, sweeties, cola and doughnuts I went on it.... 

didn't boak but I wasn't particularly well afterwards.. 

I still have the S1000 sampler edit dongle and mapping charts but sadly no sampler. It died and went to electronic heaven.

I'll need to get a copy of Voodoo Ray again, f**k me that brings back the memories spending weeks upon weeks making pish music that only I liked because I made it. [emoji38]

That reminds me?, remember the song Acid that came out and got banned? [emoji38] You turn on you tune in and chill out, AAAAAAACID AAAAAACID. [emoji38]

D-Mob - We Call it Acieed ?

I can't remember anything else similar. Google is not helping either.

I won a competition on Tom Wilsons show (20 years ago) to make my own song, loved seeing how everything came together. Would love to have the time to do that now !

25 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Too young for this thread, bud.  We're nowhere near scraping the bottom of this particular barrel as we've Sweet, Chicory Tip and Mud to discuss.  However, I hand you Lieutenant Pigeon with the lead singer's maw wearing the Warburton hat whilst playing the piano to support her son.  Mouldy Old Dough:

Too young for this thread, bud.  We're nowhere near scraping the bottom of this particular barrel as we've Sweet, Chicory Tip and Mud to discuss.  However, I hand you Lieutenant Pigeon with the lead singer's maw wearing the Warburton hat whilst playing the piano to support her son.  Mouldy Old Dough:

Holy shit.

They said that the rave culture messed up young peoples minds.

25 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

D-Mob - We Call it Acieed ?

I can't remember anything else similar. Google is not helping either.

I won a competition on Tom Wilsons show (20 years ago) to make my own song, loved seeing how everything came together. Would love to have the time to do that now !

D-Mob, that's the very song there, cheers. Had a few wee listens and thought what the f**k was I thinking at the time. :lol:

I have a whole recording studio at home, keyboard, all types of guitars, microphones, etc etc etc and a big f**k off two grand PC to do shit on full of VST's out the wazzo, currently bored as feck and not being loved at the mo. Also had some tracks played on the local radio 20 odd years ago myself.

But back to the past.

Anybody old enough to remember before the video game age became the norm, one man hunt?, the game where you trap or catch plenty of the neighbourhood kids grab onto them and say "wan two three, wan man hunt" and then they join you to then catch everyone else till everybody is caught. But not everyone got caught because they neighbourhood bully threatened to beat the shit out of you if you even tried to catch him. :lol:

Also another old favourite from the mid 70's, baw tig. The object is to throw a tennis ball or other at everyone involved until they get hit by the ball and you shout "Tig, your it". And once again ruined by the neighbourhood bully threatening to pan yer lights in if you should hit him with it. Sometimes we played brave tig, them fucking golf baws sure hurt when they bounce aff yer napper. :lol:

36 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Too young for this thread, bud.  We're nowhere near scraping the bottom of this particular barrel as we've Sweet, Chicory Tip and Mud to discuss.  However, I hand you Lieutenant Pigeon with the lead singer's maw wearing the Warburton hat whilst playing the piano to support her son.  Mouldy Old Dough

Ha was posting about things from the past, what's yer beef there? It appears your past your bedtime.

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

I got drunk with her and Richard Whitely in Edinburgh. She was really nice. 

Sadly no, I didn't.

No need to ask what they were doing together. Countdown groupies are the most sexually voracious of all groupies, and the most beautiful.