Blast From The Past!

7 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

$_1.JPG

I had that, it was far superior to Scalextric, timing the tipping ramp to leave the wee polis motor stranded was wonderful. Had a button on the top of the controller that when deployed properly let you do a rapid 3 point turn.

This just got binned when my parents moved out of the old family home. Wish I had taken it now. It was still boxed and all intact. b*****d.

1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

Some toys from the 70's... hours and hours of fun.

download (3).jpg

That was still on the go a dozen or so years ago as I got a set and several extra cars for my son.  Absolutely tremendous once he learned that you need to build Lego walls to crash through or turn the end in to a ramp to jump over his sisters' dolls.

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

I had that, it was far superior to Scalextric, timing the tipping ramp to leave the wee polis motor stranded was wonderful. Had a button on the top of the controller that when deployed properly let you do a rapid 3 point turn.

This just got binned when my parents moved out of the old family home. Wish I had taken it now. It was still boxed and all intact. b*****d.

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Codemaster in general did some cracking games, including my favourite, BMX Simulator. 

The best thing about them, though, was the covers of the tapes which contained descriptions such as "This is game is fantastic". All written by themselves. 

GrandPrixSimulator.jpg

The days when you could buy a game for £2.99 from John Menzies. After my Commodore 64 I moved onto an Amiga 1200 and would go to The Barras once a month to pick up copied games for a few quid at a time. Probably paid a bit more for Theme Park since it came in about twenty disks.