Blast From The Past!

Just now, milton75 said:

Guys round the corner from me gave me a massive pile of those and Commando. Wasn't ever too interested in the war stories though.

Did they take you in to the shed to look at them first? In your own words, tell us what happened next. Take your time.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did they take you in to the shed to look at them first? In your own words, tell us what happened next. Take your time.

I don't want to talk about it as someone on here will use the story as a means of bashing Aberdeen.

Just now, milton75 said:

When I was about 12 I went to a jumble sale where some woman sold me about 300 copies of 2000ad for a few pence each. I expect her son wasn't too happy when he found out.

This one was a peach:

287.jpg

Milton, you mixed with some very odd people.

43 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Can remember my big brother Haunted House. This was around same time Colditz was advertised . 

Pretty pish really.

efe03d8bbd5a3d91f35aa929a5f918e9.jpg

Looks like the aforementioned Ghost Castle was a remake of this. Seems functionally identical 

Amazing how many of those Commando comics have been made - they're almost at #5000, and still being produced after 56 years  :blink:

Vastly preferred the Football Monthlys though; started buying them with the first issue and didn't miss an issue for about five years. Yet another thing I should never have given away  :rolleyes:

Some of these games remind me of those pishy Mighty Max toys.  How I was so easily entertained by one* gives me cause for concern.

Mighty+Max+Variant+-+Skull+Dungeon+Doom+

*I actually had two (the skull and the snake)

Edited by Hedgecutter

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Now I'm not sure if I had Ghost Castle or Haunted House.

I've never seen that Haunted House one before. Looks a bit basic, but probably still fun.

There was another game I craved that a friend had:

blogescapefromatlantisfront.jpg

pFlyAtl3.jpg

Basically you had to get your wee guys off the island before it sunk. Bits of land got taken away each go. It was great.