Queen of the South v Falkirk

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another assist for Sibbald yesterday per Sky.

Would take a point in this, I think we just need to make sure we're in the top four and see what happens from there.

Interesting to see if Houston starts any of his January signings - none of the 3 started yesterday. More money down the pan.

Harsh to say it's money down the pan. He needed a back up GK in Thomson, Aird is only on the bench due to bereavement & subsequent good form of Craigen and McKee picked up a knock.

The latter 2 will be back in soon IMHO.

19 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Thomson hasn't played in goals yet for Falkirk? How often has Kidd played and who is he challenging for the right back role?

Thomson hasn't played yet no. Kidd hasn't played much either. Muirhead is first choice RB and Kidd only played a few games towards the beginning of the season when Muirhead was injured. Kidd was just beginning to come on to a game when he got injured himself. Since then Muirhead has been first choice and Kidd has been on the bench. No one really knows what our best back 4 is tbh, some people say Kidd - Muirhead - Grant - Leahy. Some say Muirhead - Watson - Grant - Leahy. We also have McCracken and Gasparotto who haven't played in a while and highly rated left back Tony Gallagher. Plenty of options in defense anyway, Houston just needs to figure out the best combination... 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

He needed a back up GK in Thomson, Aird is only on the bench due to bereavement & subsequent good form of Craigen and McKee picked up a knock.

The latter 2 will be back in soon IMHO.

I have a suspicion that Thomson was signed with a view to being first choice goalie next season. I think he's capable of it too. He's been superb in all three of the away U20 games at Stirling, Forfar and Kilmarnock, though he had a bit of an off-night in the home game against Hibs. There's definitely a goalkeeper in there.

8 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Watching the interview with Houston I suspect we will see Aird in for Hippolyte and his lovechild, Kerr in for Taiwo.

Maybe even Miller being dropped for Baird.

I get all of them except Taiwo. He wasn't our problem yesterday IMO.

It sounds like the Falkirk supporters' love affair with Mark Kerr is going through a rocky patch. Shame.

Obviously this is a hard game coming up but I think with our new additions we should be reasonably confident of taking something positive from the game. We have a frustrating habit however of only having one good half per game, second half V Dundee Utd last week and first half V Raith yesterday being recent examples. Hopefully we can start strongly and maintain it throughout the whole game in this one. We have become susceptible to losing at least 1 soft goal in most games, and I think Falkirk will score, but hopefully we can create and take enough chances to overcome any defensive slip-ups. Forecast: 3 - 2 home win and shredded nerves.

It sounds like the Falkirk supporters' love affair with Mark Kerr is going through a rocky patch. Shame.
Obviously this is a hard game coming up but I think with our new additions we should be reasonably confident of taking something positive from the game. We have a frustrating habit however of only having one good half per game, second half V Dundee Utd last week and first half V Raith yesterday being recent examples. Hopefully we can start strongly and maintain it throughout the whole game in this one. We have become susceptible to losing at least 1 soft goal in most games, and I think Falkirk will score, but hopefully we can create and take enough chances to overcome any defensive slip-ups. Forecast: 3 - 2 home win and shredded nerves.

I think we've only failed to score in 2 league games all season, however if memory serves me correctly one of those was in our last trip to qos

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We have a frustrating habit however of only having one good half per game, second half V Dundee Utd last week and first half V Raith yesterday being recent examples. 

I don't agree with this at all.

A glance at when the goals came might suggest games of two halves, but the performances themselves didn't really conform to that pattern.

3 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Wouldn't say playing Baird is giving you a better chance, 4 goals in 3 games before his injury.

Baird's record against Queens since his controversial move to Falkirk is something like 2 goals in 8, usually he is far too much of a seething mess to make an impact but you never know.

Mark Kerr is, and always will be, a greatly respected Falkirk player who has given the club his all in two spells.
The fact he's fading out the picture, and we can all see that, changes nothing.

Overwhelming POTY last year, bigger feat when you consider the terrific form of the rest of team. I'd argue he's been Houston's best signing.

Overwhelming POTY last year, bigger feat when you consider the terrific form of the rest of team. I'd argue he's been Houston's best signing.

Ironically I'd say it's him and Baird that have been his 2 best signings for us.

Mark Kerr is, and always will be, a greatly respected Falkirk player who has given the club his all in two spells.

This.

Mark Kerr has been tremendous his rejoining and has surpassed everyone's expectations of him but he's just now starting to show his age and this should probably be his last season at this level.

50 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ironically I'd say it's him and Baird that have been his 2 best signings for us.

This.

Mark Kerr has been tremendous his rejoining and has surpassed everyone's expectations of him but he's just now starting to show his age and this should probably be his last season at this level.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Please stop! I'm welling up here.

Archived