St Mirren vs Hibs

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

He's going to say the SPL no longer exists, it is now the Scottish Premiership. Now you know why he's called boredom guy. HTH

Tbf to the liar, he's right on this. It's been around long enough that anyone who continues to get it wrong is just really fucking stupid.

Please tell me that the loanee from hibs "special friends" :lol: was playing last night, you know, the celtic reject they've been trying to off load for two years. I was told that cowden turned him down in favour of a broken ladder. 

8 hours ago, Zing. said:

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon:"St Mirren thoroughly deserved to win - the hungrier team won, so I've no complaints. We've been on a very good run, but we're stepping off the gas a little bit, and you can't do that.
"We give them all the warnings before the game and they still didn't respond. All the 50-50s, second balls went to St Mirren because they wanted it more. It happens, it hasn't happened very often, it's a game gone, and we're giving other teams encouragement. We have to resurrect it very quickly and get back to where we were a week ago.
"That was the poorest we've played this season. We didn't look ready for the fight, and St Mirren were excellent - the best performance any team's played against us this season."

The line about "giving them all the warnings" to which "they still didn't respond" is worrying as f**k. Clearly not listening to you Lenny. The fact that he acknowledges that St Mirren wanted it more has been the case for us in the league for the past four games or so. Others want it more. We turn up like we've won the league already.

Just noticed he also says we've been on a very good run! Have we f**k :lol: 

It was the best performance of the season against us since last Saturday which was also a best performance against us. Not a good trend really and I hope Lennon isn't taking any consolation whatsoever out of it. 

7 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Tbf to the liar, he's right on this. It's been around long enough that anyone who continues to get it wrong is just really fucking stupid.

Yes, I'm with Random Guy on this.

Anyone still calling Scotland's top flight the SPL needs waterboarding.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This season is really great. Enjoying it immensely.

100%. I mean, it's been horrendous for us, and a couple of wins isn't changing that, but to take a step back and look at the league as a whole, it's great. Hibs are failing to run away with it and four teams could still win the league at the start of March. We might be on the cusp of making the relegation fight interesting (or, at least, there'll be a proper fight to avoid the play-off spot, even if we do turn shite again.)

What a performance from us last night, thoroughly deserved 3 points and it could have easily been 4 or 5 nil (ok 4 or 5-1 since Hibs missed from 2 yards out twice in 5 seconds). If we play near that level for the rest of the season we'll comfortably stay up. Credit to Jack Ross, the players we have brought in in January have been outstanding and we cut all the dross from the team aswell.

Hibs had no plan B and were outfought and outworked, John McGinn was dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball and struggling to find an open man as St Mirren worked so hard off the ball. Cummings barely got a sniff all game and Lennon resorted to sticking 2 big guys up front and pinging long balls at them which Mckensie and Davis dealt with easily.

21 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Fan of the Scottish cup winners who are going for 2 in a row whilst also champions elect, actually.

Champions elect? Not on that showing, no wins in the League in the last 4 games against 4 of the bottom 5 teams. If Dundee Utd could get their finger out I could see Hibs Hibsing it.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

100%. I mean, it's been horrendous for us, and a couple of wins isn't changing that, but to take a step back and look at the league as a whole, it's great. Hibs are failing to run away with it and four teams could still win the league at the start of March. We might be on the cusp of making the relegation fight interesting (or, at least, there'll be a proper fight to avoid the play-off spot, even if we do turn shite again.)

As much as I joked about it when you took the lead, I really don't see a credible title challenge against Hibs emerging now. Morton, Dundee United and Falkirk are too prone to cut each other's throats and allow Hibs to keep their distance. It's not impossible, but unless Hibs were to lose all their remaining games against the teams in 2nd-4th or maintain their form over the last four games for another four or so I don't see them dropping enough points to be caught: Morton's away form, Falkirk's general inconsistency and Dundee United's failure to improve their dreadful attacking options in January should ensure neither side is consistent enough to catch Hibs. Though we do still have a game in hand and two games v Hibs where the others have one...

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As much as I joked about it when you took the lead, I really don't see a credible title challenge against Hibs emerging now. Morton, Dundee United and Falkirk are too prone to cut each other's throats and allow Hibs to keep their distance. It's not impossible, but unless Hibs were to lose all their remaining games against the teams in 2nd-4th or maintain their form over the last four games for another four or so I don't see them dropping enough points to be caught: Morton's away form, Falkirk's general inconsistency and Dundee United's failure to improve their dreadful attacking options in January should ensure neither side is consistent enough to catch Hibs. Though we do still have a game in hand and two games v Hibs where the others have one...

Yeah, you're probably right, and I obviously hope you get nowhere near first place, and get pumped in the playoffs. ^_^

What a bunch of greetin faced moaners the HIbees are. Top of the League. 7 points clear. One defeat in what 14 games? And not one has said well played St Mirren we now move on to our next game and being Champions. Some folk are never happy.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, you're probably right, and I obviously hope you get nowhere near first place, and get pumped in the playoffs. ^_^

I would also greatly enjoy it if you pulled off the great escape to make it into the playoffs, only to get pumped by Jim Goodwin's Alloa in the semi-final. ^_^

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

What a bunch of greetin faced moaners the HIbees are. Top of the League. 7 points clear. One defeat in what 14 games? And not one has said well played St Mirren we now move on to our next game and being Champions. Some folk are never happy.

While I don't care if they say 'well done' to us or not, you're right about them moaning. Last week they were a top six Premiership side after pumping Hearts. This week it's doom and gloom. I guess they might be slightly fragile after a few failed promotion attempts and there's no way a club with a support of that size should be in this league.

I want them to go up - the fans are decent, we need them to sell John McGinn for £10m, and this league should be for genuine diddy clubs, not these fucking pretenders.

12 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Next time you're through here for a game I'll put my arm around you and give you a little pat on the head if that helps.

Hibs obviously still have the advantage of winning the league at the moment. Both Dun Utd and ourselves have a game in hand over them.

Hibs next game is against Dun Utd away. If they get beat in that game the league is wide open again. Then it will come down to which team is the most consistent, Hibs, Dun Utd or Morton. Falkirk just outside the reckoning having played a game more, but can't be discounted either.  

Archived