St Mirren vs Hibs

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another amazing result for Mr Motivator warnock.pngWould prefer to see Lennon positively change one game all season, rather than hear him doing his talking/self congratulation in the press.

Lucky for us that United don't play for a while and we have an opportunity to reassert a dominant gap in one of the 'big games' that these players usually bother turning up for.

16 minutes ago, Zing. said:

We are giving United every chance to win the league. If we go up it'll be f**k all to do with how good we are. 

This. We're extremely lucky at the moment.

Don't know why, but it's so much more nerve wracking watching on TV than it is at the game.

Didn't see the first 20 for technical reasons, but for the rest of the game Saints looked comfortably the better team.

Still a helluva lot to do, but the team has got to be going in to the remaining games confident they can get points off any team in the league.

When Stelios made his first appearance, when we were 2-1 up away to Dumbarton, he gave the ball away and it led to the equaliser.

He definitely had a shaky start, but even without those goals, he's really come on to a game.

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Another amazing result for Mr Motivator warnock.pngWould prefer to see Lennon positively change one game all season, rather than hear him doing his talking/self congratulation in the press.

Lucky for us that United don't play for a while and we have an opportunity to reassert a dominant gap in one of the 'big games' that these players usually bother turning up for.

This. We're extremely lucky at the moment.

Our next league game is against you.  And your next league game is against us.

Great victory against the best top team in the division, and not a sneaky, against the run of play victory, but one where we were the better team.

COYS!

What a win. I love Stelios, what a handsome b*****d. Two footed as well.

Hibs looked poor. Didn't know how to cope with our pressing, mostly fannied about with it at the back before hoofing it.

This is the worst league in the 7 years since we were relegated. Says it all about how shit our summer recruitment was that our biggest cheerleader is on this thread bumming a mediocre Morton to try and score non existent points over Hibs.

I see the board are copping the flak for this on Bounce just now.  Lennon inherited a Scottish Cup winning side (minus Henderson and Stokes) and was given the opportunity to bring in 7 (I'm sure) players over the summer. That's more than enough resources to finish as champions in a league without the **** and a poorer Falkirk. I'm actually glad the board basically told him to make it work with what he has.

32 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Earlier today I mentioned that if St Mirren win tonight the relegation battle becomes a tight 5 way fight. Never did I consider it a real possibility. They seem to have come from nowhere. Looks like the 2-2 on Saturday was definitely two points dropped.

Incredible that before the weekend we were eight points off ninth and are now seven points off sixth! Not that we're going to finish there of course but there will be a few teams a bit more nervous than they were this time last week.

Our game in hand is against Dundee United which will be pretty tricky. We'll no doubt lose to Raith next week - but if we win that then the escape really is on. However, I think you're looking at about eight years since we last won more than two league games on the spin...

Archived