Forfar Ath v Edinburgh City 11/03

Thought I'd open up a match thread seeing as how the main Forfar thread is already close to meltdown over striker selection.

A few debates to be had this week with Adam suspended and McGovern not in town last weekend.
Mclauchlin's dead-leg / strain should clear, Swankie's injury will hopefully be manageable. Malone available post suspension.

If all available, he may be tempted with
McGovern
Bain Travis TOB McLauchlin
Swankie Milne Malone DD
Cox Lister

Nothing much between Lister and Peters to support Cox. I'd be happy to let TOB drop back and bring in Malone to hold and Milne to get a bit more freedom again.

Tough games against the newbies all season and will probably be more of the same on Saturday. Have a wee sneak that we may get back in the groove this weekend though.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Thought I'd open up a match thread seeing as how the main Forfar thread is already close to meltdown over striker selection.

A few debates to be had this week with Adam suspended and McGovern not in town last weekend.
Mclauchlin's dead-leg / strain should clear, Swankie's injury will hopefully be manageable. Malone available post suspension.

If all available, he may be tempted with
McGovern
Bain Travis TOB McLauchlin
Swankie Milne Malone DD
Cox Lister

Nothing much between Lister and Peters to support Cox. I'd be happy to let TOB drop back and bring in Malone to hold and Milne to get a bit more freedom again.

Tough games against the newbies all season and will probably be more of the same on Saturday. Have a wee sneak that we may get back in the groove this weekend though.

That's what I'd go with as well if all fit, Milne has been horrific since Malone not there.

Kind of game we really need to be winning and not relying on other results.Not been at a game for a while so Peters or Lister ? Not sure but Peters is young so maybe a wee break time from time and impact sub type of thing.Need to start keeping the head as well and finish with 11 on park.

29 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Kind of game we really need to be winning and not relying on other results.Not been at a game for a while so Peters or Lister ? Not sure but Peters is young so maybe a wee break time from time and impact sub type of thing.Need to start keeping the head as well and finish with 11 on park.

Good point Dave, no surprise our results have tailed off when we have suspensions and are finishing games with 10 men too often.

Surely this game will suit Swankie or Peters playing up front with Cox?

If we play Lister we'll only be playing hoof ball, which I'm sure will suit Edinburgh perfectly.

Play the lot of them. Attack attack attack

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Surely this game will suit Swankie or Peters playing up front with Cox?

If we play Lister we'll only be playing hoof ball, which I'm sure will suit Edinburgh perfectly.

"Still think Cox & Peters are the better combination up top.

Swankie's offered very little this season, does he even merit a place in the first team?"

At least we get a laugh from you i suppose....:thumsup2

"Still think Cox & Peters are the better combination up top.

Swankie's offered very little this season, does he even merit a place in the first team?"
At least we get a laugh from you i suppose....:thumsup2

Aye Swankie doesn't deserve a place in the first team the way he has been playing, But have to admit he was missed away at Clyde, and he's more effective playing up front, so why not give him a chance up top with Cox?
Peters is a good player with bags of potential, just needs to find his form, a well deserved break could well kickstart a good run in form!

If you really think Lister is our best striker option then god help the lot of us![emoji102][emoji23]

Has Derek Riordan signed for City and if so what shape is he in, will he play against us and should we be worried. 

On the subject of team selection it is surely good news we have about 16 players who can do a job for us. 

Given Gary's new found policy of using 3 subs and giving them at least 20 minutes playing time all our first picks should get some game time.

Has Derek Riordan signed for City and if so what shape is he in, will he play against us and should we be worried.

He has, fit enough for the bench the other week and let's hope so.

On the Lister or Peters debate I would go for Lister to start. He put in a decent shift last Saturday and took the goal very well. His experience might be the difference as we head into the nervous period trying to win the League. Peters to come on early 2nd half if things are not working as we would like it.

We have to keep the ball on the ground as much as we can though as big Joe Mbu will easily mop up the hoof ball.

Any word on the Goalie slot..?

On the Lister or Peters debate I would go for Lister to start. He put in a decent shift last Saturday and took the goal very well. His experience might be the difference as we head into the nervous period trying to win the League. Peters to come on early 2nd half if things are not working as we would like it.
We have to keep the ball on the ground as much as we can though as big Joe Mbu will easily mop up the hoof ball.
Any word on the Goalie slot..?

Surely if we need to keep the ball on the ground, it should be Peters or Swankie up top with Cox??

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Surely if we need to keep the ball on the ground, it should be Peters or Swankie up top with Cox??

Jesus wept......here we go again....how many teams in this league "keep it on the ground"...not quite sure if you have noticed but Josh gives away possession to often regardless if it's to his feet-chest...Lister will be upfront with Coxy. THE END

Jesus wept......here we go again....how many teams in this league "keep it on the ground"...not quite sure if you have noticed but Josh gives away possession to often regardless if it's to his feet-chest...Lister will be upfront with Coxy. THE END

Dropped points here we come[emoji122]????

Archived